1,164 results
All reviews sash restaurant drawing room period rooms perry square people's park georgian quarter period style boutique hotel thermal suite afternoon tea scones eggs benedict limerick city small hotel relaxation room beautiful hotel next morning
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The restaurant sold this hotel to me even before I chose to stay online by comparing other hotels with similar facilities in Limerick. The evening meal was wonderful with a crunchy Caesar salad . The person that dined with me enjoyed the beef Bourgogne down to the very last morsel. The breakfast was just out of this world eggs benedic. The hollandaise sause was subtlety bitter and a perfect compliment to the eggs , ham and muffin.

The spa facilities were very enjoyable and the massage was very therapeuti.

All in all a relaxing stay in a ideal location - oh the garden was nice to hav aperitifs in before dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Perrylane
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

We are fans of our own benedict! Glad you enjoyed it so much

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend recently for one nights b & b, what can i say, it is just such a lovely hotel with fabulous staff, really friendly and they really make you feel at home, the room was lovely, had everything you needed and more, including a great shower and the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in!!! I cannot priase this hotel enough, just go and experience it!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

THank you and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend after reading previous reviews and were not disappointed. Firstly the receptionist was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was not ready as we had arrived early so she took our luggage and we went off to explore the location. It is approx. a 10 min walk to the centre of Limerick. The room was very nice it had all the usual (iron/ ironing board, hairdryer, safe etc..) extra pillows and blanket. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was large and the products were lovely. Breakfast both mornings was excellent. Cooked to order so fresh and beautifully presented. We also had dinner on one evening and it was exceptional. Very good selection and again very well presented. We also got help from the waiter in selecting our wine. His knowledge of wines was vast and he recommended a few of various prices and most were at the lower end which was great. We also treated ourselves to treatments in the spa and while there was not a huge variety of things in the thermal suite everything was spotless and the girls helpful. Both treatments were very enjoyable. I had a payot facial which involved quite a bit of massage which was heaven.
I will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

What lovely words, thank you and hopefully we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at 1 Pery Square on the 2 night Gormet Getaway package, and every minute of it was wonderful! We stayed in one of the period rooms, the Vanderkiste, which I highly recommend. Staying in such a gorgeous Georgian house it seemed to make sense to pay that little bit extra to stay in one of the period rooms, and it was so worth it! (As it is a listed building it is stairs only to the period rooms, but that was fine with us.) The room was spacious and beautiful, looked out onto the park, & the bed was incredibly comfy. The roll top slipper-type bath was so inviting, & the excellent shower was large and very powerful. We also loved the peppermint & lavender bath items- natural smelling; not cloying or fake-y. Everything was, of course, scrupulously clean.
Dinner:
Dinner, wine, and after dinner port was included in our package, and we enjoyed every single bite and sip in the lovely dining room. From starter to dessert the food was full of fantastic flavour, interesting, and cooked perfectly. The service was superb, never hovering, but always there just as you may need it- attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. In fact, we both agreed that ALL the staff at 1 Pery were so welcoming and helpful.-- the whole team was excellent; genuine and warm. Juan in particular was so helpful at dinner, and assisted my husband the next day at the Wine Store in picking out some fantastic bottles to take home.
We both also had the rather funny experience of coming out of the respective restaurant toilets, looking at each other & hesitantly saying: ''Was that the cleanest restroom you have ever seen??'' I'm not exaggerating that on the night we were there you could have eaten your dinner there-- it GLEAMED! (and, no, we hadn't drank more than a glass of wine yet!) :-)
Breakfast
We also had breakfasts included in our package, and once again everything was tasty and service was good. The menu isn't extensive, but we had no complaints.
Bar, and Terrace patio- & more special experience.
One evening we had a drink on the garden terrace, which was a nice little oasis of herbs & plants- very inviting on a mild evening. The next evening was cooler so we had a few drinks in the bar- a cosy spot. Terry had a very tasty pint of Guinness, & I had a lovely French Martini- recommended by Juan as I wasn't sure what I felt like having. We had great chat with Niamh, who was working the bar and connected reception; another example of the excellent staff-- we really felt as if we were guests in her home, not that she was there because it was her job. Wonderful! I think that this is what a small boutique hotel is about- not just stylish rooms and good food, but a genuine, person to person experience.
Spa
Also as part of the package we had use of the thermal suites in the spa. Oh, it was bliss! if I'd realized how beautiful and relaxing this would be we'd have gone loads of times instead of just the day we were leaving. Don't make that mistake! The spa is just gorgeous- candlelit, stone walls, lots of treatments available..you could happily spend ages in it. My absolute favourite of the different thermal rooms on offer was the herbal, with a dryer type of heat, and the most gorgeous amber-ish aroma. The showers were once again powerful and enjoyable, and we had a nice chat with lovely Tracy on reception, and she showed us around to all else on offer- if you are a couple check out the couple packages they have- they are very tempting!
Favourite
We fell in love with 1 Pery Square, and recommend it highly! We felt the package we got was quite good value, and that staying in a period room was definitely the way to go to get the full joy of the place. (Oh, & also there is a lovely drawing room to chill out in- I forgot to mention that!) We easily walked into the the main bit of town (10 minutes ish.) As well as the park, the Limerick Art Gallery is just across the street, & it has lovely fresh cakes & such in its cafe, too. We will be keeping an eye out for 1 Pery's package deals, and hope to return to our favourite hotel ever!

Room Tip: Go for a period room, but note as a listed building there are stairs only to these rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Amazed by the quality of this hotel,really helpful staff. Spa was out of this world&treatments were better than expected. Location is 5-10mins walk from bus station and into city centre. Its really peaceful even wit bein so close to centre. Food was exceptional,everythin is fresh,breakfast is buffet followed by a menu choice..have no negatives for any part of this break. Will be looking at returning soon.x

• Stayed: August 2012