1,165 results
All reviews sash restaurant drawing room period rooms perry square people's park georgian quarter period style boutique hotel thermal suite afternoon tea scones eggs benedict limerick city small hotel relaxation room beautiful hotel next morning
996 - 1,001 of 1,165 reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2011

A short drive from Shannon Airport brings you to this well located hotel of great character with its own parking and attractive setting. Unfortunately their restaurant was closed but Bar hospitality and welcome were faultless ...as was our room. We stayed for just one night before our trip to more of the west coast beauty that Ireland has to offer but would certainly recommend a longer stay to those visiting Limerick. The Hunt museum is within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Patricia-Roberts, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Hope you had a great holiday and see you back in Ireland some time soon, tell all your friends to visit!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

This is what a hotel should be. Great location, great rooms, real character, teriffic food and helpful & friendly staff. I loved it. The rooms are large and being in an old Georgian House they have real character. The staff are friendly, efficient and nothing is too much trouble. It's the food that is the real stand our. Simple the best I have ever had in a hotel. Will return soon.

Room Tip: They all seem to be very good, but I only saw a few
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

THank you for your ovely comments on us and hope to see you one day soon

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Very lovely boutique style hotel in a central location in Limerick. Every member of the staff was excellent and the room was just lovely (super comfortable beds!) We had a gorgeous meal in the restaurant which had a lovely buzzy atmosphere and breakfast the next morning was second to none. I enjoyed a really great full body massage (Tracey was the therapist) in the spa and would thoroughly recommend it! Already looking forward to our next visit there and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Afternoon tea is really special. Rooms are wonderful. All the staff make sure your stay is made special. stayed twice and will be back. A gem of a hotel

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed in a Period Room, the Lord Barrington, which was spacious, very clean, beautifully decorated and so comfortable, with a massive bed. The bathroom was also enormous and scrupulously clean, with fragrant toiletries, fluffy robes, slippers and lots of towels. Other pluses- a great hairdryer, sparkling and still water in the rooms, CLAW-FOOTED ROLL TOP BATHTUB, oh my god, which i used and have never had a more comfortable bath. I had read reviews before I stayed, which complained of the rooms not having any tea/coffee facilities, and I was nervous about that as I NEED coffee in my room, but nothing seemed any trouble for the very friendly and helpful staff, who swiftly brought up a tray of real coffee in a silver coffeepot, with little shortbread biscuits and pouring cream (as requested), at no extra charge.
I have to mention the staff again, because I dealt with 4 different members of staff in our short stay, and they all were so personable and helpful.
We had breakfast, which is billed as continental, but we were also offered eggs of any style, and were served perfectly runny poached eggs... Yum. And we've been served some dodgy poached eggs lately, in other hotels.
I am going to be staying here again, when I come to Limerick.
The only negative points are that the floor tiles are a bit loose in the bathroom, the paintwork in the bathroom could do with a few touch-ups, and much to our surprise, there was no Wi-Fi on the top floor, where our room was. To be honest, though, considering the attention to detail in the hotel, I can't imagine it will be very long before they fix those little problems.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family