“Absolutely amazing”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed at this amazing hotel for a spa weekend with friends and we were all blown away by how fantastic it is. Everything, and I mean everything, is A1 about this hotel. One of us got very bad news from home on our second night there and the staff did their utmost for us. I cannot thank you enough.
An absolute gem in Limerick. it's a great pity more hotels are not like this one. Hope to get back there again soon

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

What lovely comments, thank you so much, we are all thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at No. 1 and it certainly lives up to its name! I hate to travel by myself, however business duties call, and the staff made me feel right at home and relaxed from the get go. I arrived late after a long day of work and all I wanted to do was sleep and relax before my flight the next afternoon. The hotel has an old world charm about it, and very friendly staff.
I slept soundly in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The breakfast the next morning was lovely and again I did not feel alone.

I had time to kill the next day so I decided to have a lovely back massage and facial. The facilities were so comfortable and relaxing, my therapist took care of me from start to finish, she pampered me during my facial and certainly destressed me during my massage.
I floated back to my room, which never lifted even at the thought of having to go to the Airport to go home.

I will certainly be returning for work purposes and i know what my first choice of hotel will be next time. I will also be bringing my partner in future for a trip away!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Delighted you enjoyed your time with us, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I recently stayed for a night at this hotel as part of the Supervalu Spa Getaway breaks and were delighted with the experience. On the night of our arrival we had dinner in the hotel restaurant and I was very grateful for the welcome we received and the encouragement we got from Jennifer at reception to get ourselves organised in the room before dinner, seeing as we were a little late for the time we booked dinner. The service was truly excellent in the restaurant, every staff member could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I loved the goats cheese tartlet to start with, the halibut was just delicious and the Eton mess for dessert was to die for. Our room was just lovely, very comfortable bed. As I was a little under the weather the following morning we could not attend out spa appointments. We were offerred lunch instead as we chose not to use the spa voucher which comes with the Supervalu break. The hotel were under no obligation to do this and I was very grateful for thoughfulness. I also thought it was very kind of the staff to ring late in the morning and check if I definitely did not want breakfast. On leaving the hotel the manageress walked us to the door, something that I have never experienced before. From the moment I walked into No. 1 Pery Square I was thoroughly impressed and I am actively seeking an excuse to return there as soon as possible. Go raibh mile maith agaibh :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Yes many do describe us as a hidden gem but thank you for sharing your experience with other possible visitors, hopefully it will help spread the word about us. See you soon

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We loved the location for our short stay in Limerick. We got a great room with a dinner and wine rate in the Brasserie One Restaurant in the hotel. It included a fantastic hot breakfast in a charming setting. We thought it seemed like the nicest restaurant in the town based on our walk through Limerick. The spa in the lower level of the hotel is wonderful. We had the best facial in our experience of having facials. It was the seaweed facial and the people we traveled with even commented how good our skin looked. The hotel also has a cute first floor, small, intimate bar where we spent several pleasant hours.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side that has an elevator,
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Quietness at night for a good nights sleep is something we can promise our guests but often quite hard to get in a city. At No 1 many guests mention the only noise is the birds singling in the the park which is delightful!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

good food, very kind staff, beautiful rooms! very romantic!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, General Manager at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

THank you for your lovely comments on our staff, its really nice go get this feedback.