“Fantastic quality seafood in Limericks picturesque medieval quarter”
Review of AZUR Restaurant

AZUR Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Azur Restaurant Limerick, the best kept fine food secret in the city! Our modern restaurant offers classic European style cooking with dishes ranging from our signature Trio of Seafood and local Lamb Cannon to our succulent, juicy Steaks. Our intention here at Azur is to provide elegant, classic dishes with an inspired modern twist. A different special every day ensures our menu appeals to every palate. We are proud to say that all of our fish, meat and vegetables are locally sourced and delivered fresh, daily.Here in Azur we pride ourselves on a warm welcome, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. Our young and energetic team strive to provide the highest standard of customer service and are happy to assist with any special requests.Our Early Bird menu is served every day from 5pm finishing at 7pm on Fridays, 6.30pm on Saturdays and available all evening Tuesday - Thursday and on Sundays. This menu offers a 3 course meal from only €19.95. The A la Carte menu is available all day, every day with a competitively priced three course set menu for only €29.95.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Staff were warm, polite and enthusiastic. I had the salmon and crab to start followed by the fish trio and finally the white chocolate and honeycomb cheesecake. Everything was cooked and served to perfection and if I'm honest I didn't think I'd find seafood this good in Limerick city. Overall I'm delighted with my experience in Azur and will definitely be calling again.
P.S: I didn't get a picture of the cheesecake as it didn't last long enough :)

1  Thank dylan l

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I loved the experience I had in Azur from start to finish. The service was excellent, the food was extremely tasty and the atmosphere had a really good feel to it. I will be looking forward to going here again and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank ocarromc
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Went in fairly late (for Limerick 8:30 PM is fairly late and a lot of places weren't serving food anymore) on a Tuesday evening and they were able to seat us for dinner right away. Nice ambience and decor, very friendly staff. Soup of the day (parsnip) was amazing - I'm trying to figure out how to recreate it at home. Bread selection very impressive, seafood risotto wonderful. Definitely would eat there again given the opportunity.

2  Thank airhead747
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Needed a rest from Pub Grub, found Azur in the medieval section of Limerick. Warm greetings at entrance, perfect table by the window. I began with a nice wine from New Zealand, followed by a trio of lovely seafood. Bass, mussels and shrimp all napped with a zesty seafood sauce. Vegetarian daughter shared a little of her parsnip soup and grazed among the vegetable sides. Our meal was perfectly served by a very knowledgeable waiter, Stephen, with his great Limerick sense of humor. Sorry to end our marvelous stay in Meinster Province.

1  Thank PatK27
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This place had one table left, after trying 8 plus restaurants in Limerick on a Saturday. I'm delighted we came across this place by pure chance. The food, staff and restaurant is top class. I'm definitely going back. Duck, fish, chicken, and pork belly were all beautifully presented and cooked.

1  Thank Keith F