“Quick Sunday lunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bobby Byrne's or "Bobby's" to the locals is located on the corner of O'Connell Avenue and Wolfe Tone Street in the heart of Limerick City. Established since 1963 we are steeped in tradition and full of character, and delighted to have celebrated 50 Years in business in 2013. Quaint and cosy with our open fire, slate floor and homely atmosphere our popularity is understandable. TRADITIONAL IRISH MUSIC EVERY TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY NIGHTS 7pm - 9.45pm So if you enjoy some mouth watering home cooking, listening to some live traditional music, if your visiting family or friends or you simply want to enjoy the perfect pint, then why not pop in and savour the atmosphere. We offer a wide range of coffees, beer and our extensive menus begin at 8.30Am until 8.30Pm. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week we cater for all food lovers. But by night when the lights are turned down, Bobby Byrne's has a private room which can turn into a great party venue. We can cater for groups from 20 to 120 with options of finger food to succulent bbq's.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

So I picked Bobby's for a quick Sunday bite to eat. It wasn't to busy we went in at 2pm fire was lighting and we got a high table right by it. The experience was good a lot of new staff but all were friendly enough. I had a toasted sandwich and coffee which was quite nice my friend opted for the the carvery he choose the hake which looked nice it was a pitty that the veg was frozen instead of fresh and I did find it very strange that you were going into the shop part of the building to where there carvery has now been moved to and then you return to the bar with your food. Overall food was good seating good atmosphere was good but I didn't like the carvery set up I felt like I was going for a school dinner.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stopped by for a quick bite on a Saturday afternoon - decided to have the fish n chips & was I sorely disappointed. The fish was awful - totally overcooked & the chips weren't much better. They most certainly needed to change the oil that day.

I didn't eat it & when I went to the bar to pay I said it to the young girl who gave me the bill and just shrugged her shoulders & no satisfaction was given. I just paid up the bill & left steaming as really it wasn't the young girls fault - it should not have been let OUT of the kitchen like that as it looked so unappetizing and obviously cooked in dirty oil.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best pubs in Limerick, not only for the drink and atmosphere but also fo the food. The clientele and ambience are first class. The staff are great also

1  Thank Derry2013
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

Lovely cosy pub to spend a few relaxing hours by the fire. Staff and service were top class and the food was delicious. Hard to imagine you are only a stones throw from Limericks busy shopping streets.

1  Thank 256regina
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here Yesterday and despite pleasant surroundings and excellent service the food was so disappointing. I had the fish dish.The Hake was like rubber and the vegetables were cold and wet. The chips which I hadnt asked for were cold and limp. The food was dumped on the plate with no regard for presentation.Because we were treating a friend to lunch we didnt want to complain and spoil the experience for her though judging by her almost uneaten chicken dish Id say she felt the same about the food. My husband had the pizza which he said was fresh hot and enjoyable.So if you are eating here make wise food choices.