“Average”

Hanlon's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Foynes
Reviewed 19 February 2019

Food in this place is ok, It would not be the most welcoming places if the barman Paddy isn'y there. The young people that serves in this place can be very rude and not friendly I remeber when I hand back my glass of coke as there was something in it. The young girl didn't even apologie she just took the glass and she gave me a new glass I had to ask her to replace my can of coke too as the majority of the can was poured into the glass that she took back.
Just before Christmas the place was not able to few people that came in for lunch the orders were getting mixed up, their water tastes different I don't think it is filtered. Would be very slow to go here. Also be aware of your change if Paddy or Bridie isn't assisting you with your payment be aware as you could be owed just as little as 10 cent but they automatically think its a tip I find this very cheeky I don't care if the change is 2 cent it should still be given back to the customer unless the customer has stated otherwise.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent breakfast, quality rashers, puddings etc, homemade soda bread and endless pots of strong Irish Tea, highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Little pubs are going out of business all around the country. This pub has passing trade and is in good demand. Why finish serving food at 7 on Sunday?
We we're passing and dropped in at 7.30 but couldn't get anything to eat.
Make hay while the sun shines. Long term sustainability depends on this.
Foynes was "Closed" way too early on a beautiful sunny Sunday evening. The Foynes Inn was open, but only for drinks.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We just stopped in for lunch, but we’d definitely recommend it. The service was good, the food was good, and the atmosphere was everything you’d expect of an Irish pub.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We discussed what our favorite meal and restaurant was during our trip and 2 of 3 of us picked this little gem! We had the fish and chips, salmon special and poached salmon salad with a few Irish coffees!

The service and food were all amazing! Thank you for this great experience!

Date of visit: May 2018