Open today: 09:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Wonderful place to see beautiful plants and flowers!

This was a great place to visit! The calm, peaceful walk through all the gardens was the best! Our... read more

Reviewed 2 September 2019
spiwakj
Jacksonville, Florida
via mobile
Beautiful gardens

We visited here yesterday, while in Foynes. It is a beautiful garden, full of colour and... read more

Reviewed 2 August 2019
doyewantareview
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2019

Quite simply one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen in many years of garden visits. This garden is a must see for any who loves gardens. Its exuberant planting, variety and the obvious enthusiasm of the owners is evident throughout the plot . We have visited several gardens during our Irish tour but this is the outstanding one. Every twist and turn reveals something new. The colourful planting is tasteful but not gaudy and shrubs intermingle with herbaceous plants in a lush and exuberant mix. Wherever else you go don't miss this one.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank jane j
Reviewed 5 May 2019

A garden so full of interest and such a variety of trees and plants I was spell bound especially as I had the good fortune to have private tour by Tim, such enthusiasm and knowledge. i left feeing so energised to attack my new garden with the same enthusiasm

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 7 August 2018

If you are flying to Ireland through Shannon, which I highly recommend, Knockpatrick Gardens is an absolute must see crowd pleaser, for both the discerning and the casual garden visitor. The grounds are meticulously maintained, the views of the five counties are unparalleled and best of all, the hosts are warm, kind, knowledgable, genuine and extremely gifted at creating a wondrous garden experience.

Up until that visit, I had tried my hand at gardening to no avail. Since the visit, I have been inspired to try harder and am pleased to say that I now have kept several plants and flowers alive for months (thats a lot for me). Its no Knockpatrick Gardens to be sure, but it is a small reminder each and every day of the incredible time we had in Ireland, in no small part due to our trip to the Gardens.

While you are there, make sure to stop by the port of Foynes, the Home of the Irish Coffee, for a quick pick me up and tour of the Flying Boat Museum. Also close by is Adare, a quintessential Irish town, well worth a night or two - the Country House was a great spot, only steps from the town center, pubs and restaurants. Yet another place that will make you feel like home.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to have a private tour of this amazing garden. Tim and Helen are a wonderful, warm couple that graciously shared their gorgeous gardens and grounds. The pride and care in with which they have cultivated their land was evident and they are always making improvements and additions. I highly recommended visiting this hidden gem.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

These gardens are a must see. Cared for by the o’Brien Family, this place is a tropical paradise in Limerick, Ireland. A working farm with spectacular views of the Shannon River.