“Post Christmas lunch”
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Ranked #5 of 254 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Had a really nice lunch on a daytrip to Kilkenny. We had asked a local if they could recommend somewhere and this was one of their suggestions. We both had the fish and chips. The batter crispy and the fish lovely and moist. Exactly as it should be. For dessert I had the sizzling chocolate brownie. It was a great novely - it comes on a metal dish, brownie in the middle surrounded by nuts. All looked tame until the waitress pours the chocolate sauce onto it. Then the sizzling starts...it was great fun and tasted quite nice too. We also sampled the cheesecake which was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We visited zuni on Saturday night and from start to finish excellent. Food, restaurant service, friendly and the bar service was excellent. Zuni was recommended for our visit and it made our night in kilkenny restaurant fabulous food everything from the minute you arrive. Great night very professional and customer focused we will be back
Don't miss out on the experience if visiting kilkenny

1  Thank Mak2345
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Had a post Christmas lunch here today with a very good friend. Place was buzzing. Very warm cosy atmosphere in the bar. We were seated straight away. Service was excellent, not overly intrusive. We both had the warm chicken salad with a side of chips. Sooo tasty! Followed by coffee. Top class food, very reasonable to boot in a lovely location. I will be back!

1  Thank Eimear99
Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

Recently had dinner here with a group of girlfriends..busy Friday night before Christmas so we had to wait about 15 minutes which I didn't mind...there's a nice bar in which we could wait. Head waiter was quite harried and appeared under a lot of pressure. Kitchen is visible from the floor and there was a definite air of discord in the kitchen on the night...but maybe I'm too observant. Starter of beetroot tartlet with goats cheese was a huge portion of pickled beetroot with very little tartlet. Main of sea bass was delicious as was dessert. Overall I found it OK...nothing special and trying a bit too hard.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

This is a case of always give a restaurant another chance. I had not eaten here in more than two years, and only returned because I was being treated by some friends.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is more spacious, the decor is warmer, and the food was of the"lick the plate clean" variety.

I am looking forward to a return trip. My family have received several hints re Xmas gift vouchers!

1  Thank Mary P