See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Upon arrival there was no one at reception. I called the phone number that was referenced on the booking but it went to voicemail. After about 15 minutes another person arrived, I think she was a guest but seemed to know where the receptionist would be and she went and fetched her for us.
After check in the first thing we noticed on entering the room was a blast of heat. It wasn’t a cold day but the heating was on full and there were no controls on the radiators to turn it off. The water from the cold tap was also boiling hot.
We left to go into town, returning about 24:00. At approximately 03:00 a group of men came back to the guesthouse, they were shouting, laughing, banging doors etc until after 06:00. I don’t know if there were any staff on site but at no time where these man told to stay quiet (apart from by other guests – who were ignored). No one got any sleep until after 06:00.
At about 10:00 we decided to shower and leave – however the shower didn’t work and this time there was no even water from the cold water tap at the sink to brush our teeth! Again there was no one at reception to complain to!
There was also no tv in the room (just a tv bracket). I don’t know if there was WiFi but there certainly no details in the either the room or reception with regard to passwords etc. Breakfast was no included in the room rate.
All this joy cost us €120 for one night! This is the worst B&B/Guesthouse that I ever stayed in in Ireland. Avoid!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z4026TVdarrenh
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. 10 o clock the night before our trip they emailed saying they have no hot water but they put us up in a alternative accommodation, the Gate Lodge bnb. We arrived. The Gate Lodge was absolutely DISGUSTING. Mouldy curtains, spiders on the bed, door bearly locking and dust everywhere. Thank God for the metropole hotel for giving us a different room. I explained the conditions and asked how they could say this was alternative accomdation for 240 euro?? There response was what do I want them to do I was giving a different hotel room??? If we didn't get the room in the Metropole we would have to stay in this disgusting kip. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

89€ (x2) = no tv, no wifi, no tea, no closing doors for the bathroom (exept if you put a chair to hold it), no hot water, one shower didn't work, no breakfast...

But we had wallpaper falling down, moisture and humidity scent, cold temperature, bad reception...

Oh, I forgot, we had a nice "sorry!!"

Merci pour rien!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Adrien G
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Only suitable for a stag party and probably the roughest place I’ve ever stayed.

I made the error of not looking at Tripadvisor prior to booking.

Overpriced and lacking in most facilities you would have expected other than the physical bed.

Would agree with reviewers stating this establishment should be removed from Booking.com

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lashed777
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

This soo called Hotel is a disgrace. The health authority should close it down immediately. We left and refused to pay. Bookings.com should remove them from their website. Beds packed together wallpaper hanging off the walls. No tea making in room or TV.

Date of stay: July 2018