2,850 results
All reviews la perla tuppers bar thai restaurant yindees restaurant thermal suite oasis spa hydrotherapy pool old house executive room afternoon tea turn down service relaxation room lovely grounds spa treatments main restaurant beautiful hotel health club
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

So myself and my wife stayed here the weekend of the 27th May. Lovely setting just outside Kilkenny city, beautiful drive up along to the hotel itself. Lots of parking available nearby. The grounds are clean and manicured. Check in was quick and clear. The room itself was spacious with a large bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Can’t fault anything here. It was clean with good facilities like coffee machine, fridge, robes etc.
We didn’t have dinner in the hotel but we did have a few drinks and here is where I have an issue. Our drinks combined came to €19 and both times out server brought our drinks to the table we were sitting at outside. Both times I gave him a €20 note but he never came back both times either with change or a receipt. It’s not about the €1, but I think it’s cheeky to assume I was giving a tip.
Another issue I had was that we went for breakfast at 10:30 , breakfast was being served until 11 we had been told. We got some food to start but when we went back up for more at 10:50 all the food had been put away. Again, it’s bad custom to do this. People like to have a lie in and eat late if possible.
I would not stay here again. I’ve stayed in a few other 5 stars and indeed many 4 stars and the Lyrath could learn a lot from these other hotels.

7  Thank Windyroads
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Just heading home after a two night stay at Lyrath. Everything was great, amazing food, extremely friendly and efficient staff everywhere, spotlessly clean rooms with lovely complementary toiletries locally sourced (well done). The blend of old and new was perfect and worked well. The gardens need a bit more attention. At this time of year they should be bursting with colour, but to their credit gardeners where on site Monday & Tuesday. Book your spa treatments early as they are well worth it. Lovely stay we'll be back. The Tomakawk Steak and the ribs in The Grill are a must!!

3  Thank bowdenelaine
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stayed for two nights and overall a lovely stay however for the price and the star rating would have expected a couple of things to be better. On the plus side, great facilities, great spa, had a lovely meal in the bar, room size good and the gluten free availability at breakfast great.

On the slightly negative side, the rooms were a little dated especially the bathroom, we were a couple and got a normal sized double bed plus a single, for over €300 a night would have expected a king, and the beds were not as comfy as I would have hoped. Also, a very minor first world problem but they didn’t serve any champagne by the glass, most places I stay of this quality do.

Date of stay: March 2018
4  Thank Suemas2014
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The staff are brilliant,the spa is gorgeous and the food is so nice! We ate in the grill both nights and Susan who works there was so helpful and attentive! The rooms are so nice aswell. Nothing was a hassle to any of the staff we spoke to. We are back for a wedding in September but will defineately be back for another weekend aswell! The spa treatments we got were amazing. We got a couples massage and the girls who did them were brilliant aswell. The girls at the reception we dealt with couldn’t of been more helpful. Literally cannot fault one thing! Amazing hotel! Thanks so much to everyone for everything. James and Niamh x

4  Thank Niamh L
Reviewed 18 May 2018

A beautiful hotel in lovely settings. Very nice staff, room gorgeous thanks to a complimentary update so was thoroughly spoilt. Didn't use the spa facilities but went out for walks instead.

Food in the restaurant upstairs was lovely and priced well too.

Date of stay: April 2018