“Fantastic Setting, Service and Food”
Review of Pennefeather Cafe

Pennefeather Cafe
Ranked #38 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: When hunger calls, pop in to Pennefeather for a quick snack or something more substantial. Pennefeather Cafe is located over the Book Centre on the High Street in the heart of Kilkenny City and is popular with locals and tourists alike thanks to its great variety, quality and service. We have a large selection of freshly baked goodies on offer, from cookies and cream cakes to breads and scones. There are several savoury options to choose from too with soups, sandwiches, salads, lasagne, quiche and vol-au-vents to name a few. Specials are available daily and include the likes of warm goat's cheese salad. If you are in need of a boost, try one of their freshly ground Java Republic coffees, or a healthy boost from their full smoothie menu. The menu also caters for special dietary needs including vegetarian, gluten intolerance and low calorie. Pennefeather Cafe is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday with the full breakfast menu running from 9am to 12pm. Table service is top class and you can avail of free Wi-Fi while the friendly staff tends to your needs. A take-away menu and outside catering service are also available.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My daughter found this place on the web and we were not disappointed. It is a little hard to find as there is not a big sign in front of the bookstore where it is located on the top floor. Once we got here we were really pleased with the setting, service and food. We were seated at a table that overlooked the street below and thoroughly enjoyed talking and watching the street scene as we ate a great breakfast. We will definitely be back when we return to Ireland (which will be sooner rather than later).

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I visit this cute cafe as often as I can. I ate here last thursday with my Mother. I got a chicken pannini and my Mam the lasagne. Lovely food and great value. Luckily we got a window seat and had nice view. Our waitress was amazing, so friendly and helpful , I think her name could have been Ellen. She really adds to the place, all staff very welcoming and warm. Thanks Pennefeather :D

CelineE50, Owner at Pennefeather Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thanks for that lovely review, Ellen will be delighted too.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

When we went in to this unassuming cafe, above a lovely bookshop, I was surprised to see a sign that they'd won the best Breakfast in Ireland on a radio station competition. . . . It wasn't a lie. Great food AND free top-up of good coffee.
Went back there again later in the week with the rest of the family and all were delighted with what they got.
My wife was delighted with the really good gluten free bread that is made in-house.
Finally, the cakes and buns are to die for.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This is a lovely restaurant ,simple food served with a smile .good service comes as natural to all the staff ,very well done to you all .

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I go here quite often for lunch and really enjoy it. They have loads of healthy options and service is always very efficient. The staff are lovely to deal with particularly the male member of staff who I assume is the manager / owner

CelineE50, Owner at Pennefeather Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thanks for lovely review