“Birthday Treats”
Review of A slice of heaven

A slice of heaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Kilkenny
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We were served by the nicest woman ever! By the time we arrived it was fairly close to closing time- but we were met with such energy and kindness. Did I mention it was a Monday! As 3 complete strangers we were absolutely given the royal treatment. Having spent the day in search of FRESH macaroons I wasn’t disappointed. Deliciously fresh and a great selection. I only wish I could have known I was going to such a great place...I would have saved more room for all of the treats. Thank you for making our efforts that day so worthwhile.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I love this coffee shop it is a hidden gem , the macaroons are the best you can get so decadent and tasty , a must find .

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I'm sure the cakes would have tasted very good! I selected cakes to take home, choosing one for each person at home and ending up with a mixed bag of delights. Unfortunately when it came to pay the sales assistant made four different attempts with my laser card and said he couldn't get coverage to make the sale. So my little bag of cakes was returned to the fridge. Luckily I had enough loose change at the bottom on my bag to pay for my cappuccino which was very nice indeed. The moral of the story is if you want to spend money at Slice of Heaven its "cash only."

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I was stuck. I didn't know what type of cake to buy for a family occasion. I decided to go with a variety of pastries and cup cakes. They went down an absolute treat. I'll definitely be there again!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Mary did our Wedding Cake - we went for three tiers: Chocolate Biscuit Cake, Sponge and Fruit - each layer better than the next.

I have been at many weddings since our own and I am still getting compliments on how good our wedding cake was.

It was absolutely perfect.

The prices are excellent as is the service. Delivered straight to the hotel, nothing to worry about.

Would recommend A Slice of Heaven without any hesitation.

Date of visit: September 2015