“Great food and excellent service”

Matt The Millers Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 252 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Matt The Millers Bar & Restaurant is a perfect location for your meal, private parties and festive occasions. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as an extensive drinks menu, with a high service standards that we strive to deliver in every area of our operation. Recently awarded Ireland's Best Music Pub...We have Traditional Irish Music every evening along with more music on select nights of the week. For private parties, we can put any one of our five bars at your disposal and we are happy to do as much, or as little as you need us to do to make your party a huge success. Every effort is made to ensure that our extensive menus of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are constantly updated to make sure that every taste is catered for. Our extensive food menu is also available at the bars. So, whatever you're looking for and whenever you want it - you can rest assured that it's waiting for you at Matt the Millers' Main Bar.
Reviewed 26 April 2015

We had a lovely lunch here. The pub itself has a great layout and they have live music on, which unfortunately we only caught the last half hour of .The service is quick and the staff very friendly and welcoming.I would defiantly recommend a visit

1  Thank Valerie B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 25 April 2015

We just dropped by for an Irish coffee. The place had a great live performance with quite good sound. The staff was really friendly and we were treated well. Thank you.

1  Thank Henrik R
Reviewed 23 April 2015

My boyfriend and I went to Matt the Millers for dinner and we were very pleased with what we got. I normally do not like beer that much but my boyfriend asked the waiter to choose a beer for me that he thought I would like, he got me one called Hop house lager 13 or something like that and it was delicious! I believe it is the best beer I've ever had! For starters we had the brie and the chicken wings and we weren't disappointed, both of them were very tasty; and for main we had a burger (can't remember which one) and it was very good too. The staff were very friendly and we got to enjoy life Irish music while having dinner. I strongly recommend having dinner at this restaurant if you are around Kilkenny.

1  Thank NeusLB
Reviewed 21 April 2015

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The food was amazing and we just had a lot of fun looking around and hanging out here.

1  Thank michaelmiller08
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We visited this place in April. The staff were very friendly and we were made very welcome. Our waiter was a great craic. The food was really good with a wide variety to chose from although my husband (vegetarian) chose the 'goats cheese tartlet' which was a huge tart not a Tartlet. Needless to say he couldn't eat it all. The rest of our group chose various fish, steak etc and we all enjoyed our meals even taking in a desert after all that. There was an Irish band playing as well. All in all a great meal. Would definitely visit again when I next visit Kilkenny.

1  Thank Norjim1