“Really fun way to see Kilkenny in just 30-minutes!”

Kilkenny City Tours
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Kilkenny
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Kilkenny City Tours - Black and Amber road train is a unique way to view Kilkenny City - Aboard thetrain, passengers can view 15 of Kilkenny's historic buildings.While onboard you will receive a full comentary, giving a historical and fascinating insight into the history of Kilkenny.Tours are 25 minutes long and depart every hour on the hour from 10am-6pm.Ticket Price:Adults - 7 euro.Students/ Seniors / Children - 5 euro.
Reviewed 6 April 2017

It was a really fun way to see some of the important sites of Kilkenny. The train ride was smooth, took about 30 minutes, had opportunities for lots of good pictures. Our captain, Paul, was super friendly and accommodating as well. We had a blast.

2  Thank TomNikl

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Only major fault I found was trying to get into some of the seats when its quite full, for me at 73 it was a work of art, having said that, the tour was fun, informative and interesting and we saw so much more that if we just walked, the price was reasonable, glad we did it, made me realise I'm quite double jointed. But would still do it again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Went on the tour bus/train. Was very good. Was just closing and driver let us on very happy with the over all experience

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We had visited the castle and had a soda and shopped and still had some time left, so we decided to go on the tour train. I loved riding the open air tram. We got to see some beautiful sights and learned quite a bit about beautiful Kilkenny. I love hearing the history of a place from someone who lives there and takes pride in their town. The driver was funny, too, and his high spirits were infectious! This tour is well worth the 7 Euros!

1  Thank risa1014
Reviewed 10 October 2016

A great way to beat a short walking tour.I did see things that would have been missed by just wandering.

1  Thank Steve D