All reviews spring hill kids club family changing leisure centre carvery lunch swimming pool bar food family stay family room ring road friendly hotel food was lovely kilkenny city stayed for two nights rooms were spotless hen party wedding reception
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We are a large group who just spent the weekend at springhill court, and i would just like to say that we had a wonderful time.
Our rooms were spotless clean and very comfortable.
The staff were so friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
We had dinner on both nights, food was lovely and the service was excellent.
We will certainly return.
Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sunshine62821035889
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We recently had a great weekend in the Springhill Court last month.
Everyone had a lovely time with no complaints.
The menus were great and good value. The rooms were very comfortable and spotless.
Top marks goes to the staff.
They were so kind and friendly to us and had great patience with the children. Cleaning staff, bar staff and dining room staff all wonderful. I would like to make a special mention of a lovely lady in the diningroom called Esther. She was fab. Nothing was any bother to her. She was so nice to us all, especially the children. Playroom was a great success also. Lastly, but by no means least, the General Manager Emma Jane did a wonderful job of making us all feel so welcome and took great care of us.
We will certainly be back again next year.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank D0r1sK123
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

A dear friend brought me for birthday dinner. He meant it to be a special meal . I was embarrassed for him as things went from bad to worse . A lovely girl greeted us and presented us with a menu. After 20 minutes a young man took our order. 30 minutes later my friend called him and asked him if he had forgotten us. He got embarrassed and said yes. Ok it can happen. He immediately appeared with soup which tasted as if it was made but reheated again and again. While we were eating the soup he asked if we would like bread. We asked for brown bread. It arrived so hard and stale it was turned up at the edges. My friends main course was fish and chips with peas. The batter was hard and shrivelled definitely dried out leftovers from lunch. The peas arrived stone cold in small dish. A request was made to heat it up. Waiter apologised and disappeared into the kitchen to tell the chef. The peas never appeared again. My chicken was dried out but edible . The tomato pesto was tasteless but edible. Those serving were not even interested in their work especially the waiters. Saw the girls having to pick up hot plates for them to bring to the tables. It was a very disappointing experience. We refused dessert and coffee as we could not get away quickly enough. I went to local garage ,picked up two pastries and 2cappuccinos. That was the high point of the evening .30/10/18 was the date . We sat down at 7:20.
I suggest that those who provided such bad service and substandard food should be spoken to.

2  Thank Geraldine4316
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Friday evening. Asked the staff to clarify if breakfast was included in booking as it was not clear. They confirmed it was. For a charge for breakfast on check out. A van parked outside our window with the alarm going off every 20mintes. Called reception to ask if something could be done. They couldn't find who owned it so it stayed there all night and all day! A hen party, a function and some pretty loud drinkers didn't help! Not a lot of sleep had.

1  Thank Martina74288
Emma-Jayne E, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear Martina74288,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay.
I do apologise that you were disturbed by a car alarm in the carpark. I have spoken to the staff that were on duty and the car belonged to a gentleman that was attending a meeting in the hotel and it did take a little while to locate as to who the car belonged to.

If you would like to discuss this with me directly please contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards,
Emma-Jayne Eaton
GM@springhillcourt.com

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stayed in the Springhill for 1 night with my husband, we were attending a wedding, at €165 for the night I felt was way overpriced for this very basic hotel, no discount for wedding guest, everything about this hotel is very average. Also there was a lot of noise throughout the night.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank meagherireland

Dear meagherireland,

Thank-you for taking the time to post a review and share your feedback with us.
I would like to confirm we do give a discounted rate for a number of our bedrooms for the bride and groom to choose whom they want to have this rate for.

Our rates compared to other hotels in Kilkenny especially at weekends are extremely competitive and we would be always lower than most hotels in Kilkenny.

I do apologise that you were disturbed during the evening, our night porters do patrol the bedroom corridor's.

If you would like to contact me directly I would be delighted to go through your feedback in more detail with you.

Kind Regards,