All reviewsbunk bedsnice living roomdorm roomgreat locationfacilities are greatsitting roomold housewi ficentral locationpubssnoringrefrigeratorirelandlaundrycleanliness
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Perfect home base for my one night in Kilkenny. It was clean, though dated, but the place had charm because it was a very old house. Staff were really nice, and the whole place had a friendly atmosphere. Smack dab in the middle of all of the things you'd want to see during your visit. Quiet at night (other than a snoring person in my room but the hostel can't help that LOL). I'd stay again.

Note that they don't take credit card, so bring cash (or there is an ATM nearby)

My biggest complaint is the lack of breakfast, but there was tea and coffee.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Kilkenny is a fantastic place to stop in especially if you are looking for a place to relax in Ireland and take in a few beers. Kilkenny Tourist Hostel is a perfect place to stay, great location great price and clean rooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay at the hostel. Nice hot shower, comfy bed, spacious dorm room, nothing to really complain about! The staff was always helpful. Perfect location. An all ages hostel. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I was so impressed by this hostel as it was fabulously located at the quiet end of the high st and opposite some of the more authentic pubs in town. My room was ready even though I arrived at 10am and staff were really friendly. Room was basic but comfortable and had chest of drawers and towels provided. Only drawback was wifi only really worked on ground floor but as they've fostered such a friendly, communal environment really didn't want to hole myself up in room on internet anyway!

Room Tip: I'd go for top floor as kitchen and common room on ground floor is hub for socialising and sound travels...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently with some friends! There was 8 of us in total. We could nit have asked for anymore while staying in Kilkenny Tourist Hostel. We were able to book out an 8-bed dorm that consisted of 4 bunk-beds. The room was very spacious and we weren't cramped at all. All staff members were really helpful and friendly. Had all amenities that you could need. Perfect location at the end of the high street. Shared toilets and showers that were kept very clean. Lovely spot all over and well worth the money!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends