All reviews bunk beds nice living room dorm room great location facilities are great sitting room old house your luggage wi fi central location pubs snoring dresser refrigerator laundry ireland lock
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay at the hostel. Nice hot shower, comfy bed, spacious dorm room, nothing to really complain about! The staff was always helpful. Perfect location. An all ages hostel. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I was so impressed by this hostel as it was fabulously located at the quiet end of the high st and opposite some of the more authentic pubs in town. My room was ready even though I arrived at 10am and staff were really friendly. Room was basic but comfortable and had chest of drawers and towels provided. Only drawback was wifi only really worked on ground floor but as they've fostered such a friendly, communal environment really didn't want to hole myself up in room on internet anyway!

Room Tip: I'd go for top floor as kitchen and common room on ground floor is hub for socialising and sound travels...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently with some friends! There was 8 of us in total. We could nit have asked for anymore while staying in Kilkenny Tourist Hostel. We were able to book out an 8-bed dorm that consisted of 4 bunk-beds. The room was very spacious and we weren't cramped at all. All staff members were really helpful and friendly. Had all amenities that you could need. Perfect location at the end of the high street. Shared toilets and showers that were kept very clean. Lovely spot all over and well worth the money!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

The hostel is very nice and located in the city center , closed to all the shops .
Staff are friendly and the whole place looks traditional , rooms are cleaned and the showers are hot .
I meet some some beautiful people over there !!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Came here with a group of international students (40 people). It was relatively inexpensive. The room was average for a hostel - seemed quite clean.
The only downside is that we were having a bit of 'craic' in the shared living room in the evening and got kicked out around 10pm.
It was just a little bit awkward as we were told 'this was a place to relax, not meant for people to get pi$$ed up in' which was fair enough, but a little dramatic for me!
Nice for other residents though as it clearly isn't a party hostel!
Did not use the showers but one thing to note is that showers / bathrooms weren't separated (male/female), and there were only 3 toilets I could see - which as you can imagine is kind of hard with over 40 or so guests!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends