Lowest prices for your stay
US$107
Free cancellation until 17/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$107
HurbUS$111
2,347 results
All reviews ormond hotel ko spa leisure centre car park central location the heart of the city lovely hotel bars and restaurants last weekend breakfast room enjoyable stay checking out great weekend afternoon tea family room top class colin
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2022 via mobile

Visited here lately after my husband booked a few days away(midweek) He chose it mainly because it had a swimming pool and opted for b&b plus evening meal. I wasn't too sure about that as I like to try out restaurants in the area.
I wasn't disappointed! The evening meals were excellent and the service 2nd to none. I had to compliment the staff on how efficiently both the restaurant and breakfast service were run.
The restaurant was busy every evening but everyone was served drinks and food so promptly-a plate of delicious treacle wheaten bread brought to the table as we selected our courses. The staff were always pleasant and friendly, despite the pressure they must've been under. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and looked forward to our evening meal each night. I cannot praise the staff highly enough.

Bedrooms comfortable and very clean. The exterior of the building is a bit off-putting and the seating in the lounge area definitely needs upgrading but this hotel well worth visiting!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Colin Ahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2022

Dear C6426SPpatw,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that you and your husband had an enjoyable time here and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Kilkenny soon.

Just to say that we are in currently the process of a full refurbishment of our lobby and Castle Lounge.

Reviewed 17 October 2022

Excellent stay . Lovely big rooms , great staff. Excellent restaurant food. Lovely breakfast. Great leisure centre and spa treatments Perfect city centre location and walking distance to great shops restaurants and nightlife. We’ll be back

Room tip: Highly recommend
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 891elainey,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and I'll make sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here.

Reviewed 15 October 2022

We are a group of five people who trained as nurses. We are friends since 11th October 1971 when we started our training. We have remained close & supportive friends throughout the five decades.
We had a wonderful time in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel to mark our 51st Anniversary. All the staff helped make our stay a happy one. Both Mags & her lovely daughter were exceptional! They looked out for us & ensured we felt pampered & cared for.
The hotel is comfortable & well situated for all Kilkenny City’s amenities. It has a beautiful swimming pool which was used by us each morning. The hotel’s rooms are comfortable with all modern amenities.
We decided to eat in the hotel’s restaurant each evening because the food & service were excellent.
Thank you to all the lovely staff for helping to make our stay so great. We are absolutely delighted that we chose the Ormonde Hotel. We have zero hesitation in recommending it as a wonderful place to enjoy a city break or a staycation.
Thank you very much.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Una H

Dear Una H,

Many thanks for the lovely review and recommendation. I'll certainly pass your kind words on to all our Team, especially Mags and Lisa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kilkenny and the Ormonde again soon.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed 12 October 2022 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with my siblings and their spouses. We had three couples total traveling together. The rooms were very comfortable and the hotel is lobby is very nice. Loved the hotel and the town. The only negative is the parking is across the street. Dragging luggage was a little bit of a pain.
Even with that I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Irish4052,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Ireland and Kilkenny again soon.

We have a set down area in front of the Hotel, so you can unload your bags, before parking in car park directly adjacent to us.

Reviewed 11 October 2022

Lovely spa treatment by Jessie, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the spa and the leisure club, helpful staff. who even validated the parking ticket. Lovely complimentary sweet treat after the spa treatment.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 157trose,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the KO Spa on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your treatments and all the team there hope to get the opportunity to welcome you all back soon.