1,958 results
All reviews leisure centre car park central location lovely hotel the heart of the city afternoon tea bars and restaurants saturday night enjoyable stay last weekend kids club checking out would highly recommend this hotel great weekend bar food family room top class
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely stay at this hotel, the food was very enjoyable and bedroom was lovely. The spa was the highligh of my stay, special thanks to Sarah in the spa who provided an amazing massage. Very relaxing and professional. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eithne R
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Eithne R,

Thank you for the lovely feedback, in particular about our KO Spa, I'll certainly pass it on to my Team here. I hope to welcome you back to Kilkenny and the Ormonde some day soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Ormonde is a fantastic hotel, perfectly situated in the heart of Kilkenny city. Although it is very central, it's also down a little side street, so although you're only a minute's walk from everything, you also get a nice sense of peace and quiet as soon as you enter.
The facilities are great, with a fully equipped leisure centre (which we took full advantage of) and the staff were extremely warm and helpful.
I want to give special mention to Susie, who was so genuine and sincere. She was so helpful and accommodating. If I had any doubt as to where I would stay in Kilkenny again, Susie's warmth and professionalism certainly sealed the deal for me.
I'd also like to thank Kate for her help, good humour and for putting up with all my awful jokes.
I would definitely recommend the Ormonde. It's location, service, food and facilities, but particularly the service, provided by a team of people who really understand the term.

Room tip: Ask for Susie
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AlanBuck75
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AlanBuck75,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us such a lovely review and recommendation. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your kind words to Suzie, Kate and all my team.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

We were well looked after from the moment we arrived here.

Excellent service, professional and helpful. We were selected randomly and upgraded to a superior suite.

The room was excellent; clean, comfortable, quiet. Breakfast was very good.

Overall, a very worthwhile stay - July 2017

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zutan0

Dear zutan0,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us last July. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the beginning of November 2018 had a fab room which looked newly decorated and fresh. Hotel is so central you can walk everywhere. Very comfortable place . Lovely friendly staff. Breakfast really busy and could be better organised I rhink

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eilish G

Dear Eilish G,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Kilkenny and thank you for the great feedback. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed 7 November 2018

It was great hotel, there was 12 of us there for the weekend, we had a cocktail making, the bar man was really good and it was very enjoyable. We had dinner one night, the food was really good. We also did the Spa which was lovely. The hotel is so central.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank martinataylor

Dear martinataylor,

I'm really glad to read that you and your friends enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

Yours in Service,