“Nice lunch”

Daniel W Bollards
Ranked #44 of 256 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Restaurant And Pub - If You Google It - Many Photos And Listings On Other Pages
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I stopped here for lunch on my day in Kilkenny. I thought the food was good and the service was very prompt.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Lovely Irish pub in Kilkenny. Staff friendly and welcoming! This one is not as well advertised, but wortg a visit. Has outside patio area as well

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We recently visited here for a spot of lunch on a short break to Kilkenny. Unfortunately shortly after the food order was placed my 5-month-old niece took ill and went into a major meltdown. My sister and her husband had to leave just as the food arrived. The gentleman looking after us was amazing. He first tried to see if my sis and my brother in law wanted to sit out back with my niece, (he could see my sister was flustered at her meltdown) but they just wanted to leave as they were worried about her and wanted to bring her to the Doctor. After they left, he insisted that we take their food with us and that he would not take any money for it. We obviously were very grateful for the kind gesture and tucked into our own food, which was delicious.

As others have mentioned, the portion sizes are appropriate for a lunch and the prices are excellent.

The bar itself is warm and inviting, so if you get a chance please do stop in here for some food and/or drinks. This place is tops at looking after their Customers and you feel that they genuinely care :)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Spent a wonderful evening in this bar. It’s atmosphere is unique and the place has to be seen. We had traditional music played the night we were there which was a treat.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stopped here after not being able to even find a chair or a table in another pub. There was a musician warming up and waiting for his friend. We ordered a round of drinks from the friendly barman and then listened to the music. We closed the place down. We had already eaten so I speak to what type of food and how it was, but I would definitely recommend this place to just sit and and share good company.

Date of visit: October 2017