“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Ordered nachos and received stale tortilla chips with some unflavored and barely cooked vegetables on top. The lack of effort that went into making it was offensive, would avoid all vegans to avoid. I'm giving two stars because my boyfriend liked his burger but the chips that came with it were undercooked

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Padraic R, Manager at Paris Texas Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience with us, thank you for your feedback and if you have further thoughts don't hesitate to contact me on padraic@paristexas.ie.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic menu,steak cooked to perfection and the service was top class.also the toilets were spotless,overall we had a very pleasent evening in paris texas and i would recommend it without any hesitation.

1  Thank Martin C

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us, we take great pride in our customer service, food and having a comfortable space for everyone. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and my Husband visited Paris Texas last night,looking forward to our food as we are regular visitors to Kilkenny and have been been to this Restaurant a couple of times.Unfortunately this time it was very disappointing,we had wings for starters that were hard you could bang of the table,it was like they were reheated,then our burgers came for our main course they were dry,my husband had the beef and could hardly swallow it,the burger was dry and the bun hard,I had chicken and it wasn't much better I took the bun off and ate the chicken,we didn't eat the fries at all,the burger was stuck in my husbands throat and he felt awful for the rest of the evening,we asked for the bill and our server who was lovely asked was anything wrong when he seen the food left on the plate he said it was usually a sign something was wrong.He was really nice couldn't have apologized enough,and took our two drinks of the bill.Service was excellent but on this occasion food let it down

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi, Diane, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us, thank you for your feedback I have passed it along to the chef. I was happy to read that our service was excellent we pride ourself on customer service and I have passed your comments on to the floor staff. If you have any further thoughts please feel free to contact me at padraic@paristexas.ie.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The pub and the live music were perfect. Best in Kilkenny. Will defenitely be coming back next time I'm in Kilkenny.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 54martinan

Delighted you enjoyed yourself, Martina! I have passed your lovely comments on to the musicians, hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This IRISH Pub in Kilkenny will FILL YOU UP!It will fill your eyes with its great decor, it will fill your ears with great live Irish music, and it will fill your belly with AMAZING FOOD! They will serve you A LOT of food! I had chicken tortillas and they were spicy and VERY tasty and I stuffed myself full and still only got through TWO THIRDS of the delicious fillings!!This is a great place to eat and enjoy the atmosphere, and you definitely HAVE to check out their lead-light over the bar - not to mention many of the wonderful whiskeys and gins that they stock.You will NOT be disappointed that you came here.Everyone at our table and the surrounding tables were blown away by the food quality and serving sizes.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Kylie D

Hi Kylie, glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we certainly enjoyed reading your well-written review! I have passed your kind words onto the staff who take great pride in their customer service, hope to see you again soon!