Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
15 Days in Ireland

Excellent! from the initial planning of our trip months before to the Final product Marion helped... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Curiosity623660
via mobile
Best trip ever!

We (me, my husband and 2 adult daughters) had to postpone this college graduation trip for both... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
201tracib
Salt Lake City, Utah
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Kilkenny
from US$5,152.50
from US$45.04
from US$42.89
from US$138.00
More Info
All reviews driver guide planning process mercedes van extensive knowledge beautiful country wonderful company large bus iconic sites hotel accommodations always on time ancestral home huge success day tour told stories fantastic trip enjoy the scenery experienced guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2022

I am fairly well traveled and after a week in Ireland, I must say it is my favorite country to visit hands down. Paul was simply amazing. He took us to all these jaw dropping sites the tour busses can’t reach. If you are a history buff or if you want to get a thorough understanding of current political events, Paul will knock your socks off. He was so patient with all of my gazillion questions. He showed us his country to all of its extreme beauty. He told the stories of the old country and I felt the pain of the loss and struggle his country has endured for centuries. The beauty and the ever changing terrain was stunning. He knows the perfect balance between stopping and driving. The ride was never too long. And the ride was super comfortable in the Mercedes minivans. He knows the best pubs with the best food for lunch. And he happily enabled my Guinness a day promise to myself. When we wanted to tweak the plan along the way, he happily made adjustments. Every hotel he booked was a lovely boutique hotel dead center of town walking distance of great food, great music, and… Guinness.

Date of experience: September 2022
Reviewed 5 September 2022 via mobile

Excellent way to experience the country and not follow the tour bus crowds. Our guide, Maurice, was entertaining and extremely knowledgeable.

Date of experience: September 2022
Reviewed 3 August 2022

Small Escorted Tours is my go to when planning a group trip to Ireland! I've worked with this group in both 2016 and in 2020 - which turned into 2021, which turned into 2022. Working with Paul we arranged a 7 day trip for nine adults which finally took place in June of 2022. Small Escorted Tours worked with us through the uncertainties of the pandemic and ultimately the whole trip went flawlessly. Our driver - Frank Hammond was the best! He easily became part of the crew and took amazing care of us. My only disappointment was that I didn't know we could have continued our trip into Scotland with Frank as our driver!

If you are interested in developing a personalized experience in Ireland, don't hesitate to reach out to Small Escorted Tours. I guarantee your experience will be wonderful.

Date of experience: June 2022
Reviewed 28 July 2022

We had a wonderful trip in Ireland, thanks to Small Escorted Tours and our driver/guide Maurice. With 6 people (2 parents + 3 teens + ,grandma) it didn't make sense to rent a car or van. The private escorted tour wasn't much more expensive than traveling with a larger group, and we had a lot of flexibility with the schedule. The last time I went to Ireland with my wife, we rented a car, and it was challenging driving on the other side of the road and navigating the often intimidating and narrow roads. Maurice was an experienced driver who knew all the different routes and interesting sites along the way. He shared many cultural and historical insights at the various stops and on the drive.
We started in Dublin, then went to Wicklow, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Blarney, Killarney, Dingle, Clare, Galway, Donegal, Drogheda, and then back to Dublin for a few days on our own.
The company and Maurice ensured everything went smoothly. The hotel accommodations and included breakfasts were excellent. The spacious and new Mercedes 7 person van was perfect for our group size with plenty of leg room and luggage space.
The only thing I would change next time is to spend more time in fewer places. I would love to spend a week in Kerry, Connemara, or Donegal. But for the first trip to Ireland, I think my kids learned a lot and enjoyed themselves. Some favorites included New Grange, holding baby lambs, Powerscourt, and the Cliffs of Moher.
I highly recommend Maurice!!

Date of experience: July 2022
Reviewed 5 July 2022

Paul was wonderful to work with, he set up our complete itinerary for all 24 of us. Eric our tour guide was such a pleasure to work with. He was so accommodating and so personable. We could not have asked for a better person to guide us.

Date of experience: June 2022