Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Making Memories in Ireland!

We LOVED working with Small Escorted Tours of Ireland! There were only 3 of us and Paul, our... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Kgavzer
Union, Kentucky
Couldn’t be better

Professionally handled, start to finish. Our tour guide/driver, Kevin, was a major plus. He was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
scottlW781KD
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Kilkenny
from US$5,097.31
from US$1,033.79
from US$44.55
from US$42.43
More Info
All reviews driver guide planning process mercedes van wonderful trip extensive knowledge beautiful country wonderful company iconic sites hotel accommodations ancestral home day tour experienced guide history come alive private tour start to finish incredible experience amazing tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

We traveled with 2 other couples for an Ireland adventure and are so glad we used this tour company. Paul was so helpful with all our planning and questions. It was so great to get to meet him in Killarney during our tour. The van which we traveled in was comfortable for everyone. The daily itineraries were well planned but also quite flexible depending on our interests for the day! Our accommodations were awesome ranging from a night in a castle to quaint B&B’s in “picturesqew” ( Van humor) in charming small towns in the countryside or on the water. Breakfasts each morning were delicious with variety from lighter choices to full Irish breakfasts-a meal in a meal ! By far, one of the greatest highlights was our tour guide, Maurice! He was so well informed and taught us so much about Ireland past and present. He has extensive knowledge of the places he travels with a lengthy list of recommendations for local gems! He is also hilarious, quick witted, and cheeky! We enjoyed “van time” as much as our beautiful destinations. By week’s end, we felt like he was a longtime friend. He exudes love for his craft. We had an amazing and memorable trip thanks to this wonderful company! We highly recommend Small Escorted Tours of Ireland! We would use them again and so should you!

Reviewed 2 May 2022

We spent a wonderful week with Maurice Curran touring the southern part of Ireland. Maurice is an amazing tour guide! He showed us so many things we would not have seen had we tried to make the journey alone. Maurice's extensive knowledge of Ireland was shared with us through his explanations of historical events, storytelling of Irish lore, viewing archeological sites, and exploring the beautiful cities and villages throughout Ireland. We had the pleasure of meeting Paul too. Paul was delightful to work with while organizing the trip. All of our hotel stays were fabulous and with full Irish breakfasts. The touring vehicle was great and accommodated 6 adults with comfort and ease! If you are planning to tour Ireland, this is the #1 company to work with!

Reviewed 22 April 2022

I wish I could give this company, our amazing guide Maurice Curran and our experience 10 stars. Simply incredible from start to finish. We are a family of 4 (including 2 kids btw 10-15 yrs old), and this trip was simply amazing. Maurice is an absolutely wealth of knowledge, expertise and charm, and I can’t imagine seeing Ireland any other way. We toured with him from Dublin to Kilkenny, then Killarney (including all around the national park and surrounding areas), then all throughout Co. Clare. It was a perfect blend of nature/countryside, city, castles, history and everything in between. Without question, Maurice helped make this one of our favorite family trips!

Reviewed 5 September 2021

I would give Small Escorted Tours of Ireland 10 stars on a five star scale, that is how pleased I was with this company. Myself and my two sisters were in Ireland from August 16 - 25, 2021, and It was the most wonderful experience I could ever have dreamed. My personal tour was meticulously planned by Paul who patiently worked with me over a two year period through all the Covid 19 cancellations and limitations , and throughout the entire 9 days of travel. I selected this company originally because I wanted to take my two older sisters with me, one who has limited mobility. Since, I had never been to Ireland, I had to depend on Paul to follow through on all the necessary requirements to make her stay not only accessible, but also enjoyable. He did not disappoint me. Every aspect was taken care of for us. Even though Ireland had just opened up to the United States, our accommodations were at the highest level eating our every request. Paul even provided a wheelchair for the 3 days we were experiencing Dublin on our own. This allowed us the freedom to see more of Dublin. On our Fourth day we began a 6 day tour across Island with our charismatic tour guide, Maurice, who in himself is a national treasure. His extensive knowledge of Ireland’s geology, history, and culture is amazing. He kept us spellbound with his historical story telling, and witty sense of humor. I, also, want to point out that his caring way , especially in how he interacted and assisted my handicapped sister was appreciated more than words can say. I learned so much from him, and have gained a more binding love to the nation of my grandparents. Though, I did select this type of tour due to the limitations of my sister, after experiencing this way of seeing Ireland, I can’t image touring any other way. My memories of Ireland will last me a life time, but I came home so excited that I honestly am planning on returning to Ireland. I will definitely schedule through Small Escorts Tours again. Thank you Small Escort Tours of Ireland for making a dream come true for three sister who never thought we would get a chance to do this. I, also, want to thank the owners for providing a company that gives handicapped individuals the opportunity to travel in a professional first class luxurious style while they can enjoy all that Ireland has to offer, including the friendliest people you ever will meet.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 23 August 2021

Small Escorted Tours met all of my expectations and more!!! From working with Paul to get everything scheduled then exploring with Maurice, I couldn't have had a better trip. I would recommend this tour group 100%

Date of experience: August 2021