Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
15 Days in Ireland

Excellent! from the initial planning of our trip months before to the Final product Marion helped... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Curiosity623660
via mobile
Best trip ever!

We (me, my husband and 2 adult daughters) had to postpone this college graduation trip for both... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
201tracib
Salt Lake City, Utah
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Kilkenny
from US$5,152.76
from US$45.04
from US$42.89
from US$138.01
More Info
All reviews driver guide planning process mercedes van extensive knowledge beautiful country wonderful company large bus iconic sites hotel accommodations always on time ancestral home huge success day tour told stories fantastic trip enjoy the scenery experienced guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2021

I would give Small Escorted Tours of Ireland 10 stars on a five star scale, that is how pleased I was with this company. Myself and my two sisters were in Ireland from August 16 - 25, 2021, and It was the most wonderful experience I could ever have dreamed. My personal tour was meticulously planned by Paul who patiently worked with me over a two year period through all the Covid 19 cancellations and limitations , and throughout the entire 9 days of travel. I selected this company originally because I wanted to take my two older sisters with me, one who has limited mobility. Since, I had never been to Ireland, I had to depend on Paul to follow through on all the necessary requirements to make her stay not only accessible, but also enjoyable. He did not disappoint me. Every aspect was taken care of for us. Even though Ireland had just opened up to the United States, our accommodations were at the highest level eating our every request. Paul even provided a wheelchair for the 3 days we were experiencing Dublin on our own. This allowed us the freedom to see more of Dublin. On our Fourth day we began a 6 day tour across Island with our charismatic tour guide, Maurice, who in himself is a national treasure. His extensive knowledge of Ireland’s geology, history, and culture is amazing. He kept us spellbound with his historical story telling, and witty sense of humor. I, also, want to point out that his caring way , especially in how he interacted and assisted my handicapped sister was appreciated more than words can say. I learned so much from him, and have gained a more binding love to the nation of my grandparents. Though, I did select this type of tour due to the limitations of my sister, after experiencing this way of seeing Ireland, I can’t image touring any other way. My memories of Ireland will last me a life time, but I came home so excited that I honestly am planning on returning to Ireland. I will definitely schedule through Small Escorts Tours again. Thank you Small Escort Tours of Ireland for making a dream come true for three sister who never thought we would get a chance to do this. I, also, want to thank the owners for providing a company that gives handicapped individuals the opportunity to travel in a professional first class luxurious style while they can enjoy all that Ireland has to offer, including the friendliest people you ever will meet.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 23 August 2021

Small Escorted Tours met all of my expectations and more!!! From working with Paul to get everything scheduled then exploring with Maurice, I couldn't have had a better trip. I would recommend this tour group 100%

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank Stacy G
Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

My family and I regularly use private guides when traveling abroad. This company far exceeded our expectations and provided us with an experience we will remember forever. My 18 year old daughter (her first time in Ireland) and I had 2 free days while traveling to Dublin and decided to tour outside of the city. After reading the reviews for Small Escorted tours I contacted them via email. They replied quickly and provided much insight about places to visit and hotels to consider. As we reviewed various itineraries they continued to provide us with invaluable information prior to our arrival. We based our tour out of Kilkenny so that we could maximize our time exploring Ireland since our departure was from Dublin.

Paul Hoyne was our driver guide and he is a truly knowledgeable and professional guide, and an extremely nice man to boot! He provided us with information and experiences not in any guide book throughout our trip, taking us off the beaten path while also including traditional must see stops. In the much too short amount of time we spent with him he customized our trip as he got to know us better and learned what appealed to us. We loved every moment of our tour and only wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely travel with them again on our next trip to Ireland.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank 6fromCT
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Small Escorted Tours is deserving of the accolades and Trip Advisor five star reviews. As two couples visiting Ireland for the first time couldn’t have chosen a better tour for our 12 day introduction to Ireland. WE toured the south, with a visit to the north. It is a wonderful country, and our tour experience couldn’t have been better. Paul is a wonderful driver. He is professional, knowledgeable of local history, customs, and culture. He knows the preferred times and off the path locations to visit busy tourist sites and restaurants. He is courteous, and has a friendly sense of humour . The Mercedes van is comfortable, quiet, and Paul keeps it clean, tidy, and stocked with water. He is an excellent driver, and is punctual. Thank you Paul for the wonderful memories.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 15 November 2019

We had a lot planned for our one week in Ireland and, thanks to Small Escorted Tours, we got it all done. Our driver knew every side road, small historic site, and good pubs for lunch in all of our stops. Our whole group was happy with our choice to use their service.

Date of experience: October 2019