“Breakfast”

The Flaky Tart Kilkenny
Ranked #107 of 259 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Good food, poor service! Slow to receive menus. Asked for eggs benedict and received bacon and avacodo! Made no comment just enjoyed it

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018

i ordered the chicken pesto bagel and skinny fries.
skinny fries didn't arrive. i had a few doritos on my plate also which didnt really add to the experience. The bagel was slightly burnt and underwhelming. my americano arrived within seconds of ordering..never a good sign.
i was charged for the skinny fries, i let them know i had been over charged . after much consultation between the waitress and chef, they decided i was owed 1.90 (despite the skinny fries being an extra @€2.50). i was then handed a single euro and a bundle of 5c coppers. What a disaster of a place.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Dermot G
Helen P, Manager at The Flaky Tart Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi Dermot, I'm very disappointed to hear you had a bad experience. As I was off myself yesterday the staff did make me aware of your complaint but also told me you did not order fries. Maybe as it was extremely busy there was a misunderstanding with your order. Hiwever I do hope you can give us another try as we strive to please our customers.
Regards
Management

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Loved the food, ambiance, and staff! Healthy options and delicious food! We went back again for lunch.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My visit to Flaky Tart Kilkenny was disappointing. Firstly my latte was extremely hot I had to add cold milk to it in order to be able to drink it. In fact it was probably the worse coffee I ever drank, so much so I didn't even fully drink it. The scone was presented very poorly. It came on the plate with melted butter in a separate dish, and I was asked if I wanted jam. I would have thought it would be a given that butter and jam would be served with the scone and possibly cream. I had to request a glass of water three times. Now the restaurant was not busy. One of the ladies serving was also preparing the food and her hair was worn in such a way the it was constantly falling across her face. I could not see any reason why it would not be worn more tidy in particular where prepping of food is concerned. When I went to the counter to pay I felt invisible as one lady continued to sweep the floor and the other just ignored me. Eventually she told me how much I owed and at no point asked if everything was ok. In fact there was not any effort made by either of the two ladies serving to interact or make conversation. So I would say customer service was nil making the whole experience unpleasant. Finally I would point our Flaky Tart is nice cosy restaurant in a good location, just a pity of poor customer service and undrinkable coffee.

1  Thank KilleenIreland
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited The Flaky Tart for breakfast and we are still talking about it. Everything from the decor to the food is 5 stars. The owner is super friendly and inviting. We both ordered the eggs benedict and I safely say one of the nicest we've ever eaten. We waited about 10 minutes for our food and it was worth waiting for. The atmosphere inside is very chilled and relaxed.
There is nowhere like this little gem in kilkenny and we are already planning our next visit.
The menu for breakfast and lunch is jam packed with tasty dishes. I'd highly recommend visiting here for breakfast.
Price for 2 people for breakfast: