“Great value lunch”

Ranked #12 of 254 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Went here for lunch recently for a special occasion and really enjoyed it. The lunch menu is a little boring compared to the al la carte but I guess you get what you pay for. The a la carte menu is available to order from at lunch if you do want to treat yourself but just seems a bit lazy to throw the cheapest dishes on the lunch menu. Despite that the food was absolutely delicious and every course was excellently prepared and presented. Will hopefully get back some day and try some of the exciting sounding dishes on the a la carte menu.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Very simple, make a reservation, go there and enjoy a wonderful experience of food and service! I can't wait to come back!!
We had venison and beef, tasty and perfect! I didn't want the meal to end.....

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I went here with my Finacee for a Valentines dinner. It was our first time to eat here and also our first Michelin star experience and we were not let down. We had three courses each and they were all fantastic. Such a great combination of flavours each element of the dish complimented the other and it was just food heaven. The service was very prompt and attentive. I could not recommend this place and more it was just perfect. My only problem on the night was the fact that they did not server the early bird to the usual time on account of it being Valentines. This is a joke really for a Michelin star restaurant to milk their customers just because its Valentines...Come on!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We had lunch here and the standard of the food was excellent ,the lunch menu was such good value .The flavour combinations were superb. I had beef as a main course and my husband had venison and both were truly 'melt in your mouth'.
The staff, the ambiance and the excellent wine list made for a memorable lunch experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Really enjoyed our meal here on Valentines night. It was our first time to visit and we weren't disappointed with the food or the service.
I had the smoked haddock royale to start, followed by pheasant which was served with parsnip, sprouts and cranberries and for dessert I had the apple tarte tatin. All three courses were exceptional in my opinion.

We were disappointed with the fact that early bird on their website is served til 7pm on a Tuesday and we booked our table for 6.30pm. On Valentines night they changed the early bird to be served until 5pm which I thought was unnecessary and that did annoy me a bit!