“Gorgeous”

Ranked #12 of 254 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This is real fine dining and an absolute pleasure to have experienced. Everything from the interior and the food was outstanding. If I were to make a recommendation for Christmas I would have some festive music on just a subtle in the background other than that the ambiance was spot on. Also in terms of the food, my girlfriend had the terrine of hare and foie gras to start and I was not impressed by how little foie gras you get so I was very glad I went for the roast quail, creamed sweetcorn, pickled chanterelles and bacon.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful seasonal dishes on offer. The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere with very attentive staff, absolutely no complaints!

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Came here with high expectations and was not disappointed. The Spinach parfait and the Pheasant were outstanding. chocolate tarte and rum baba close second. while some frills were absent (choice of breads and hand cream in the loos) the choice of wine by the glass, small carafe and large carafe together with the quality and advice of wine selection more than made up for this. Nice buzzy, relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. for the price paid for the early bird, that's value that cannot be beaten, especially compared with all the Dublin Michelins. worth the trip. fab.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We loved our entire meal. From the fried mushrooms to the creme brûlée rice pudding.All delicious. It was a Saturday night and we should have had a reservation but they were so accommodating and found us a seat anyway. I ordered soup and salad. My soup was a creamed mushroom. It was so yummy. My salad was great with the honey mustard dressing. You won't regret eating here. The staff is so friendly. They even filled us in as to how the restaurant got its name.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We've eaten in Campagne every time we've visited Kilkenny in the past 5/6 years and it is consistently excellent.

The food is superb and the portions are generous. The service is impeccable while remaining relaxed and friendly.

The wine list is comprehensive and well priced - there are multiple choices in the €30-€50 range which is good to see in a Michelin-starred restaurant.

We had 3 courses from the a la carte menu, with 2 glasses of white wine and a bottle of good Valpolicella Ripasso (€35!). We finished - stuffed - with 2 coffees & macaroons.

Our bill came to €178.75 before tip. It was excellent value.

The weather outside was foul but inside was a warm and comfortable oasis.

1  Thank peteramolloy