“Wonderful fish and chips ”
Review of Kyteler's Inn

Kyteler's Inn
Ranked #22 of 247 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Medieaval building in the heart of Kilkenny dating back to 1324. Once home to Dame Alice Kyteler tried for witchcraft. Kytelers Inn is NOT a restaurant but a Pub - which is our main business. Yes we also serve bar food.There are three floors with four bars - cheek them all out for the one that suits.On offer at peak season twice nightly from 6.30pm. is a programme of trad music,balladeer, irish dancers & seanachie. You can watch & eat & drink at your leisure.Weekends and Bank holidays we also have Late Bar extensions with bands & DJ for those that want to party a bit later into the night.As it was in Alice Kyteler's day - Kyteler's Inn is a place for "merrie making" - Come and visit us to find out more..Also check us out - Trip Advisor Bars/Nightlife
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This place is old and wonderful! They did have a nice duo playing when we arrived and we enjoyed the music very much. The fish and chips was exceptional because it was FRESH! Delicious, my friend had the same and the other dishes that went by looked yummy also. I have always stopped here on my trips to Ireland and they do not disappoint and don't forget to order a Smithwick as it's home to the brewery here.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,223)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We had a wonderful evening here - met some new friends had many pints and red wine! Best Irish stew that we had on trip!! Large serving and very tasty - spiced real nice. Music was quite enjoyable! We stayed much longer than planned as we were having a wonderful time but sadly we had to leave! Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have to say we decided to go here after the recommendation from our B&B owner, but who wouldn't want to eat in a witch's house? The staff was friendly and fun and we were lucky enough to get a seat near the man playing an Irish drum. He was inviting children up to play along from around the restaurant and was asking everyone where they were from. This all added to the family friendly atmosphere. The food was pretty good. My husband had the Irish Stew and enjoyed it, my daughter liked her chicken and I was not real crazy about my fish and chips. I have to say that my disappointment in the fish and chips comes down to personal preference. The fish still had the skin on it which I was not expecting and didn't care for. Everything was cooked well and the staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We were lookng for somewhere to have some drinks that had atmosphere and a welcome for us and this pub ticked all our boxes so mush so we returned later that day for some more of their great hospitality.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on a Thursday, 6 pm. It was busy, but we got right in. Service was fast and friendly. I had the Irish Stew, it was good. Hubby had cajun chicken salad and said it was pretty good. Son had bangers and mash and said it was good too. Couple beers and we were full. Traditional irish music band played entire time we were there. It was a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Bobkatevan