“Excellent steakhouse”
Review of Charcoal Steak House - CLOSED

Charcoal Steak House
Price range: US$17 - US$37
Description: Charcoal Steakhouse Restaurant is the latest dining experience to hit the culinary quarter in Kilkenny City. Located in a refurbished town house the restaurant tastefully incorporates the old with the new with an exposed window and fireplace dating back to ancient times. Escape inside to a wonderfully appointed restaurant with soft lighting and music that creates an instant atmosphere while the tantalising aromas from the Kitchen will set your taste buds on a journey like no other. Specialised on local seasonal produce and good quality Irish Beef Chicken and Fish from the East Coast the Charcoal Steakhouse serves wine and draft beer along with cocktails. Ideal for large groups and parties the private function room can be reserved for any occasion.
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the food at lunch hear last Thursday so much so I went back Friday evening for dinner. Lunch was 2 courses for 13 add 3euro for steak, Early bird 2 courses for 18 add 3 for steak both visits I found the food delicious and service excellent.

The chicken wings with blue cheese dip are amazing and the rib eye steak was the nicest I have ever had served with with a creamy pepper sauce and homemade chips it went down a treat, second visit I had a stuffed mushroom starter with a fresh side salad and baked hake on a bed of saffron infused risotto with a lobster sauce, the sauce was amazing and the hake was cooked well. I would highly recommend trying it out, I can't wait to go back I don't think I'll be going anywhere else for steak in Kilkenny.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Visited here for Sunday lunch with two adults and two kids. Kids eat free on Sunday so took advantage.
Service was great, staff friendly but the food let it down . I had fish cake for starter which were nice flavour but poor texture. Hubby had the beef croquettes which was just browned mince in the crumbs. For mains I had sirloin which was quite fatty and was on a bed of onions, and I mean, a bed of onions. The base of my plate was just a mound of sautéed onion.( less is more as they say). My hubby had the fish. It wasn't good. A bed of puréed potatoes and the fish sitting on top and then smothered in a type of gravy sauce which meant the spuds were like baby food. And no serving of veg on the side. Very disappointing unfortunately. Wouldn't return unfortunately.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent steaks. It good place to eat your dinner, with draft Guinness beer.
The steak is served with Portobello mashrom on top of it and with chips (french fried) or mash potatoes on the side, and with sauce.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The waiters were back and forth to our table all night making sure we were served. My 10oz Fillet was cooked to perfection and the Guinness was well poured. What more can a man ask for? Threat of our groups food look delicious also although I didn't taste any.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff throughout our experience. There was a hen night downstairs, asked to be seated upstairs, which was accommodated with no problems.
We had chicken wings and prawns/calamari for started-highly recommend. We both had steak for mains which was cooked perfectly and overall really tasty. To full for desert as generous portion sizes.
Definitely will go back!