“Dinner”
Review of Fish Face

Fish Face
Ranked #24 of 256 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: Fish Face is a modern restaurant specialising in fresh seafood and the finest local steak. Fish Face has unrivalled wholesale access to the widest range of fresh seafood, courtesy of their partner company Seatrade, fish wholesaler. Fish Face Takeaway is open seven days a week, quality fish and chips plus a whole lot more!
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Food very good and fast service lots to choose from staff are very pleasant. Reasonably priced worth a visit

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Fish was excellent. The menu had a variety of options from fish and chips, burgers, pasta with seafood, salads, surf and turf, milkshakes, and much much more. The restaurant was super clean and a warm, friendly environment. The fish is very fresh and they make the best efforts to source locally (several people - waiter, taxi driver, coworkers - have corroborated this for me). The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Top notch service. Waiter fetched a newspaper for a neighboring table upon request, tipped off another table where they could grab a cold beer and bring in for their meal, and grabbed a map of the city for me and drew out recommendations for things to see, places to visit. Another table in at the same time as I was eating there for a second night in a row they enjoyed it so much. There is also have a takeaway door with a huge menu selection that I have found enjoyable. Being new to the city I force myself to try other places, but this has been my favorite thus far and I can’t resist going back!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We only got burgers and chips, but hands down the best food I have had in a long time. Their "coleslaw" is literally the only slaw I have ever liked and I am from the American South. The coup de gras has to be the chips. I would swear they were lined with sort of illegal substance to get me hooked. Of course this is not the case, but they were amazing. I could not stop eating them. The service was amazing and the aesthetic was reminiscent of the seafood restaurants in gulf and coastal areas of the US.

1  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

When in Kilkenny for only 2 hours, what do you do? Find fresh fish. I found Fish Face. I loved the meal. I had one of the daily specials - pan fried plaice. It was excellent, as was the fresh salad. It also came with chips - which I ignored in favor of the fish and salad. Service was good - I’ve seen reviews that said otherwise, but I was there in the middle of Sunday afternoon and there were only a few others diners.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

It was a nice surprise. The restaurant was so clean and the owner/manager was really friendly. He even made me a custom dinner for what I wanted and it was delicious. It’s not liscensed but you can run around the corner and get a beer if you want one. Great atmosphere and great service !!