5 people are viewing this hotel
US$142
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$142
Hotels.comUS$142
PricelineUS$139
Lol.travelUS$169
2,085 results
All reviews kids club beautiful hotel aqua dome top class excellent stay from start to finish town centre bar and restaurant excellent food would highly recommend this hotel second to none couldn't do enough family room dining room kyle aquadome spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2022 via mobile

would highly recommend this hotel. Attended a function there today which included a buffet lunch of locally sourced produce. Everything was amazing, especially Spillane’s smoked salmon. All the staff looked after us from start to finish. Especially the lovely Aileen in the restaurant. Even though they were very busy with many more functions etc. Will be back without a doubt.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
The Rose Hotel, Other at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2022

Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. We strive to provide a fantastic four-star hotel customer experience for our guests & of course our staff are a key element to the success of this. Thank you in particular for mentioning Aileen and your comments will be passed on to her. We look forward to welcoming you back to see us again.

Regards,

David Fitzgerald
Operations Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2022

Rooms very clean, comfortable beds. Staff friendly and helpful. Beautiful hotel overall. Nice walk nearby and the doom down the road. Town walking distance. Music weekends. A spa and different treatments available in the hotel.

Dear Chris and Tina,

Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback on your stay with us. It is assuring for us to read such a comprehensive review, we share all our reviews each week with our heads of department so all our team here will be delighted to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Regards for now,

David Fitzgerald
Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2022

We were on one of our many return visits to the Rose Hotel and once again it couldn't have been more enjoyable. From the warm welcome at reception at arrival to the excellent food and service in the restaurant. Even the GM takes the time to chat to the guests at breakfast making sure that the guests are well looked after. This hotel is worthy of a 5 star rating.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. It brings us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Best wishes,

Mark Sullivan

Reviewed 6 September 2022

The hotel overall was lovely. The cleanliness of the room could have been better as there was a lot of dust and cobwebs around the inside of the window ledges. In the bathroom there was hairs left over on the shower walls and the floor. I also had to clean the sink as there was a few red dots left over. Which looked like they could have been blood. They were around the top of the wash basin. We called down stairs to change over a bottle of wine to Prosecco as that’s what was suppose to be in our package and it took 40 mins for them to arrive which I thought was too long. We visited the spa on Saturday and it was amazing! I can’t remember the girls names but they were 10\10! We go away for spa breaks often and the massage that we got on Saturday was the best we have had in a long time! The girls focused on the areas that needed to be worked on, the pressure was just right and they took there time and the massage that we got done wonders for our back discomfort! They were perfected! Would highly recommended them and we will definitely be back!
Overall we had a fantastic weekend at The Rose with the exception of one or 2 little things but we would come and stay again as the good outweighs the negative. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was delicious.

Reviewed 6 September 2022

Was hoping to get dinner in The Rose but when I came in unfortunately the bar was slammed, I overheard that 50 cyclists had landed in on top of them an hour previous so the bar and floor staff were clearly under pressure. The manager, Jennifer told me that unfortunately she didn’t have a table for me but I invited me to get coffee in the lobby.

I sat by the fire and dried off from the rain enjoying my coffee. Sharon on reception was a great laugh when I asked her about the Wi-Fi and made me feel at home in The Rose’ lobby.

As I was about to head off to another restaurant, Jennifer stopped me and said she had cleared a table for me. I was gobsmacked and delighted at the kind gesture. She seated me at a beautiful quiet table beside the residents lounge and invited me in for drinks after.

Service was super busy but none of the staff dropped a single ball all night. Charlotte served me and was brilliant, attentive and good craic. She accommodated my fussy order and didn’t even write it down.

Food was of top quality. Fresh local ingredients expertly prepared in a timely fashion. I had a double starter- the chicken liver terrine with toasted brioche, balsamic reduction and a chutney that would put ballymaloe to shame. Beautiful plate but definitely made for sharing.

Chicken main was perfectly cooked and delivered. Silky fatty mash and a good solid gravy were stellar. Black pudding was kind of lumped in and a wee bit overcooked but otherwise a perfect hearty plate.

Star of the show though was the Vol Au Vent. Stay with me here now, I know you’re thinking of miserable grey sludge at funerals but this was something else:

Handmade savoury flaky pastry case filled with the most beautiful rich chicken stew. Chicken was pure breast meat and was definitely local. There’s an option to make it a main portion with chips and that’s definitely my go to order there from now on.

Jennifer checked in and made sure I had everything I needed. Even though she was flat to the mat she still took 5 minutes to chat with me and we had a great laugh.

When Charlotte handed me the bill I was shocked that everything I ordered:

2 starters, 1 main, 1 lucozade, 3 sparkling waters.

That all came in at under €50.

I took myself out for dinner in Dublin 2 weeks ago in *NAME REDACTED* Restaurant. I actually ate less food there than I did at the Rose and my total that evening including gratuity was approx €140.

I was so happy to be able to tip the staff out properly as they deserve tonight and that’s all thanks to the reasonable prices on offer here.

The customer service and the piano in the lobby are the icing on the cake.

Non residents can wine and dine here before 5pm. But if you meet the dream team of Jennifer, Charlotte and Sharon they just might take a shine to you and show you the best night out Tralee has to offer.

Run, don’t walk, to the Rose x

Trip type: Travelled solo
The Rose Hotel, Other at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post this fabulous review. We strive to provide a fantastic four-star hotel customer experience for our customers and guests & of course our staff are instrumental in this. Jennifer, Sharon & Charlotte and all our staff make this happen every day and this review is testament to their hard work and dedication, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to see us again.

Regards,