Review Highlights
Patrick is the best

I could not imagine a better tour guide than Patrick. He is patient, kind and knows everything... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Rwalker44
via mobile
Seven day tour of Ireleand

We spent eight days in Ireland. From the time we landed until we were dropped off at the airport... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
mikecJ7655PJ

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews golf trip wonderful suggestions personalized tour told great stories always on time day tour ring of kerry experience ireland history lesson skellig michael dingle peninsula local knowledge torc waterfall killarney national park ross castle buckley pat
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2019

I booked Patrick for our group of 8 for 4 days. I used to be a travel agent and have traveled all over and I am very picky about things. Patrick did not disappoint at all. I was little over the top with my many emails to him but they were always answered very quickly he was just a doll to work with. I am not sure he will ever have as much luggage in his van as we give him. But he got it to fit. His van was new and comfortable. We start our journey off in Galway and ended in Dublin after being based out of Killarney. Everything about the experience was Fantastic!!. Patricks random facts about just about everything and everything. His knowledge of all the places. His restaurants suggestions.. it was all spot on!!. We packed in a lot in a few days and probably kept Patrick out a little longer then was expected but he said no problem always with a smile. No need to look any place else in Ireland for a private driver. Patrick is the Man:)! We hope to be back and visit "our friend" again in the future.

2  Thank GoGiantsfan11
Patrick B, Owner at Personal Irish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2019

Thanks Karen for the fantastic review and thoroughly enjoyed my time with you guys and.hopefully see you back here in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2019 via mobile

Just returned from several days in County Kerry with the Buckley’s . We combined a 7 day Notre Dame Ireland tour with several extra days where Pat Jr and Sr each helped us . Whether golf at Waterville , Ballybunion , a fabulous visit to the Beara peninsula or a visit to the Fields of God in the Ardfert area where my grandfather was baptized at St. Brendan’s in 1870 ( and we were in hot pursuit of “ relations” ) , the Buckley’s insured a very smooth , fun time.

Also had a great time on the Notre Dame tour , but I now realize we could have joined with our 3 Notre Dame companions for an even better , more personalized tour and at a lower price . Pat Jr is an emerging tour legend !

Date of experience: May 2019
Patrick B, Owner at Personal Irish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Hi Tom, Enjoyed spending time with you guys and glad ye enjoyed your trip. Thanks for the great review and hopefully see you guys back here again maybe for the Notre dame game.

Reviewed 20 May 2019

I often think I can do anything so when my wife suggested that we have someone accompany us through Ireland to make sure we enjoy ourselves and don't miss any of the highlights, I told here she was crazy. Surely I could navigate the wrong side of the road all over the countryside while forgoing the pints of Guinness my wife and our two college age sons were enjoying...I have never been so wrong! Patrick Buckley treated us like royalty and made sure we did everything we wanted as well as a number of things we never would have thought of. He did some research before we got there and was able to find a pub our family used to own in the tiny town of Banteer where we actually exchanged hugs with some newly discovered family from the old country. He made sure we saw Jameson's & Guinness and all of the highlights but he also knew enough to allow us to enjoy a pint at the Snug Bar and had a less traveled path into the Cliffs of Moher saving us hours of frustration and waiting in line. Who knew there was a beach in Ireland and that the Irish Open would be played at Lahinch, two more stops on our dream vacation thanks to Patrick. I will never forget Sean's of Athlone, the oldest still functioning bar in the world! Patrick also came to realize we were a family of junk food junkies and went out of his way to surprise us with candy we all wrestled for. Don't make the mistake of using one of those big tour companies. Reach out to the Buckley Family and Personal Irish Tours to ensure you will have a trip you will remember for the rest of your life! it will be GRAND...as long as you MIND YOUR HEAD!

Date of experience: May 2019
Patrick B, Owner at Personal Irish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Thanks for the great review John. Glad could help out with your trip and make it memorable. Give my regards to the family.

Reviewed 15 April 2019

We were referred to Pat Buckley, by our daughter-in-law's parents who had traveled with him in 2016. He made all of the arrangements for us, and planned the perfect trip! We were met at the Cork airport by his son, Patrick, and the adventure began. We instantly bonded with Patrick, who was just about the same age as our son an daughter-in-law, who were also on the trip. His knowledge of the area we toured, as well as his sense of humor, made the hours we spent in his very comfortable Mercedes van very enjoyable, not to mention the education we got about all things Irish! If you are going to this beautiful gem of a country, consider hiring Personal Irish Tours. You will not be disappointed! Take it from my husband who drove us around in 2016! To him, it was the best money he ever spent because he didn't have to worry about sideswiping another car or hedgerow, and he actually got to look at the countryside this time around. Thanks guys!

Date of experience: April 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 22 March 2019

My husband, myself and my 2 young adult daughters went to Ireland to visit my son who is doing a semester abroad in Dublin. Having never been to Ireland, I wanted to see as much as I could and I wanted my husband to enjoy the trip and not worry about driving on the opposite side of the road or getting lost. We were recommended Pat and his tour company from a friend who had use him in August 2018 and was very happy with his services-she was correct in her recommendation as Pat is AWESOME!
Not only is he extremely pleasant and easy going, he also is so knowledgeable about his beautiful country and was able give us so much history and information that we would never have gotten on our own.
Prior to the trip, Pat worked with us on planning a tentative schedule of what we wanted to see but he also let us know that he was very flexible and that we could edit our plans at any time if we desired to. He offered to book our hotels if we wanted him to but I opted to book my own on Hotels.com and used his suggestions to do so-All of our accommodations that he recommended were perfect. Clean, comfortable and walking distance to or in the center of each town/city.
As mentioned, I had my 3 children with us ages 20, 22 and 24. Pat was very patient with us as we required many coffee and Guinness breaks followed by bathroom stops a little while later. He never got annoyed, chatted with all of us and put up with our loud and crazy conversations. He picked us every morning at our hotel in his clean Mercedes van and dropped us off at the night. We were on no time limit and had full control of our days. We traveled all over Ireland from Dublin to Killarney to Galway and had him drop us In Belfast in Northern Ireland. We stopped or drove through many villages, visited castles, the ring of Kerry, the cliffs of Moher, waterfalls, rainbows, the Burren, kissed the Blarney stone and so much more. We would never have enjoyed ourselves so much and gotten to see so many little places without Pat.
We cannot say enough about how beautiful Ireland and its people are and how wonderful Pat Buckley is. It is so worth the money to hire him if want to have an unforgettable and relaxing trip and learn about and visit the true Ireland not just the tourist stops!!

Date of experience: March 2019
Patrick B, Owner at Personal Irish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Hi Donna Thanks for the great review and hopefully see you in the future.

Kind Regards,