All reviews these apartments high street two bedroom apartment washer dryer self catering secure parking great apartments full kitchen the underground car park all mod cons within walking distance home from home fantastic location pubs and restaurants family holiday town centre four nights
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at these apartments as we wanted a 4 star property with a good location. We were staying with a child so space, cleanliness and cooking facilities were a must.

When we checked in, we found the rooms to be well appointed. On further inspection, the carpets were visably very very dirty. There were stains on the bed throws as if they had not been changed. The travel cot was also unclean. We asked the housekeeping to hoover and change the bedlinen but they refused and started to speak a foreign language. We then asked reception and the lady said she would arrange the room to be cleaned, but no appology :(

When we returned the carpets were still visably dirty and it seemed they had not been hoovered. There was a hoover in the apartment, perhaps we were supposed to clean ourselves following the last guests!

We did not have a restful sleep and felt itchy every night. My partner and baby ended up with what seemed like bite marks after the first night. Also, the fire alarm went off one day whilst my baby was taking a nap. It was so loud and piercing, she was screaming with fright for 15 minutes after. We dont know why it went off and our intercom/phone in the room did not work.

All in all, good location, nice rooms but definately not up to standard nor were the issues dealt with proparly during our stay - we would not return.

Room tip: inspect the cleanliness of the room with the receptionist upon check-in
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ann Marie B
ParkPlaceApartments, Manager at Park Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Ann Marie B,
I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I'm afraid that I must challange you on the question of hygiene and cleanliness.
We absolutley pride ourselves on these matters. Along with a great customer service, this is our #1 priority.
I can assure you that our bed linen is changed after every visit and we have had zero complaints before or since April (when you stayed).
With regards the fire alarm activation, this happens in hotels, apartment blocks, office blocks everywhere. I'm sorry that it disturbed your child but I am sure that you understand it is a lot better that the alarm goes off than not.
Again, I am genuinely disappointed and sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.
I hope that you enjoyed Killarney.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

The front desk was the friendliest people we ever met. They showed us around the apartment and Anne was such a wonderful lady that helped us during our car rental issues. Thank you so much! The apartment was fabulous! It had a Wow factor once you enter it. With a washer/dryer, free wifi and car parking, High street just at your doorstep with shops/pubs/cafe/cinema just minutes away! Golf courses were a plenty there and the Ring of Kerry and the Gap of Dunloe is a must see!

If I have to fault, sharper knives will be great as most of them were blunt. Couches were not super comfortable if you are one of those who love lying on it while watching telly.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nadiasim,
Thank you for your review.
Yes, we have fantastic staff. We aim to give all our guests a special welcome.
I am delighted that you felt this.
We'll get those knives sharpened.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Booked this apartment for 6 nights in April and was very happy with the place. We got off to a slightly bad start, we have a landrover with a roof rack which as it turned out, didn't fit into the car park but there was no sign to signal the height restriction outside the carpark so we didn't realise until we were down the ramp and stuck inside...bit of a nightmare start actually...we had to let the air out of our tyres to get back out. The roof rack got pretty wrecked but the apartment owners have sorted that for us. Initially the hotel had no record of our booking (not sure how that happened, was booked through hotels.com and I had a confirmation email etc)..anyway, after a bit of a melee we ended up in a 2 bed apartment overlooking the town of Killarney. Really lovely and clean and well equipped and fantastic location. A couple of small negatives, the bed was like a trampoline and very uncomfortable. We both had sore backs by the end of the week. No one came to service the apartment the whole time we were there but perhaps thats just the way things work in this type of self catering apartment. It didnt matter to us very much as its not like we had the place filthy in 6 days! But just small things like we had no fresh towels, toilet paper etc but again, maybe thats the way it is in self catering apartments. It was overall a very relaxing and pleasant place to stay and we would definitely stay here again. There is so much to see and do in and around Killarney we will be back. Would recommend this place 100%.

Room tip: I think all the rooms are pretty similar but some dont have free wifi so if its important, you should ask for a room with wifi when you are booking it. The rooms without wifi you will have to go downstairs to the lobby.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonegalGracey

Dear DonegalGracey,
Thank you for the five star review.
You will be glad to know that we now have a height restriction sign in place at the top of the ramp. Even after 5 years we are still learning ;).
Yes, self catering is, as the title suggests, about the 'self' catering for themselves. Though we are always there to help. It is a little different to a hotel. However, this is why we can provide such good value.
We are constantly praised on the quality of the beds but of course they can't suit everyone.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just home after a week long holiday in Killarney. We have visited Killarney on three other occasions in the last 5 years and this is the only accomodation that we will return to. The 2 bedroom apartment was excellent in quality, comfort and cleanliness - couldn't have asked for more. Compliments also to Egija at reception for the welcome on arrival.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hibernianman

Dear Hibernanman,
Thanks a lot for the really great review.
Especially nice to read compliments to our newest member of reception staff, Egija.
Michelle and Ann have trained her well I think.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have stayed in these apartment twice now. My last visit being October 2011. I am going back again this September and I can not wait. I love Killarney. It has to be one of the most beautiful places in Ireland. Park place is one of the best places I have stayed. Great location great clean modern rooms and fantastic staff. We have been upgraded t a 2 bed apartment on both our stays and I have to say it definitely added to the enjoyment of our stay. I can't wait to return in September.

Date of stay: October 2011

Dear Elainera,
Thank you for the very positive review.
We look forward to seeing you again in September.