3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$159
Agoda.comUS$159
eDreamsUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
TripadvisorUS$159
StayForLong
1,428 results
All reviews great location central location residents bar reception staff lovely hotel enjoyed my stay hotel bar last weekend following morning both nights town annette fab ensuite kerry
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancée and 2 year old daughter. This is our second year staying here and it’s the best hotel we have stayed in. Called before we arrived to let them know my fiancée broke her ankle so we might be spending more time in the room than normal so could they make sure the room had Netflix for us. They not only made sure they actually found our room from last years visit that I said we were fond of and gave us the same room which not only is big also has three windows looking out at the mountain range!! Every morning the breakfast was amazing for all three of us really could fill up for the day so we could make the most of our trips with our daughter. Food was great with a big selection from full Irish all the way to pancakes. One of the nights we forgot milk for our daughters bed time and they brought us up a pint and asked if we needed more. Everting we could ask for they where so helpful. The location is top too it’s the centre of town with free parking underneath the hotel. So you can fill up on breakfast go off for your trip around the ring of Kerry or up to dingle to the aquarium and see fungi or one of the great beaches then come back and go for dinner such a great location. Special mention to the staff who always had a smile with our silly ice/water requests. Especially the breakfast team in the restaurant who where do nice to my daughter and made her smile every morning and the man who brought up our daughters milk to the room the night we forgot it I didn’t catch his name but he asked if she needed more which was a really nice touch.

Great trip and can’t wait to book in for next year. Only downfall is....it makes the next hotel you go to look bad!!
5stars all the way

Trip type: Travelled with family
Patricia O'Mahony, Marketing at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2020

DerekhK
Thank you for your most recent feedback on your stay with us here in Scotts. I am delighted to read that you had a relaxing break and that your little 2 year old daughter also enjoyed her stay in Scotts Hotel. We are thrilled that you deemed us 5 stars. We look forward to welcoming you and your family next year.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on Monday 24th Aug for a 2 night stay and our first outing since March. My husband booked for location which was superb. I was greeted by the most wonderful welcome by receptionist Annette. She explained the usual hotel process, the additional Covid precautionary measurements etc and offered assistance for any of our needs. Lovely warm welcoming customer service, which I 100% appreciate. We went up to our room which was immaculate and had a Covid seal across the door for us to break. After showers we tried to book any of the top 10 restaurants on trip advisor but they were all sadly booked out. My own fault for leaving it to the last minute but having climbed Torc Mountain earlier in the day it totally slipped my mind. I called down to Annette, explained our situation and she did not hesitate to take the concern and task out of my hands. 2 minutes later she called us back, she had worked her magic and got us in to Treyvards restaurant. As we were leaving the hotel I thanked Annette for her kind help and she insisted it was not a problem and I should take an umbrella with me as it had started to rain.. again lovely touch. The restaurant was wonderful and as Annette had recommended it, I was never in any doubt. If you value superb service and a safe place to lay your head then look no further. Annette you are wonderful, keep up the good work. I hope your boss values you as you are effortlessly likeable, extremely professional and it is clear you enjoy your job. You are ultimately the reason I will return to the hotel and recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Kilarney. Thank you

Dear Karen
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. I am delighted to read that you had a lovely time with us here in Scotts and that Annette was able to help you organise your meal out in Treyvuad's. Annette has been part of our team for the last 12 years, she is a gem and all our guests love her. I have passed on your comments to Annette and she was delighted to hear it.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2020

Last minute booking for one night. There were 5 people in our group. Have stayed here on many occasions as we find this hotel so central and nice in general plus it’s one of the few with on site parking. This was our first time since the COVID 19 restrictions were in place. As it was a last minute decision and only for the one night we went for the super saver room for 99 euro. We had always stayed in the deluxe rooms or suite before this. The room was a good size and had a shower in the bath plus a separate shower, bed was very comfortable. Our main problem was the heat, we had to open the window the little bit it does open but were still uncomfortably hot. There really was no air in the room even though it was a pretty cold evening. Even though the bar was closed by the time we went to bed we were awake for hours with some idiots roaring and shouting downstairs outside the bar area. The staff were very good as regarding wearing masks and had signs regarding where to stand to wait etc but a thing that really bothered us was the amount of guests walking around with no masks. We felt that the staff should have reminded them to adhere to the signs that were everywhere to remember to wear face coverings. It got worse as the evening went on, we were sitting in the lobby for a while but ended up leaving as too many people without masks were in and out from the bar or in and out to smoke. The same thing happened at breakfast. Only about 30% of guests wore their masks down to breakfast and so were up and back through the dining room to get juice, cereal etc. The only table service was the hot food. I really liked this hotel but don’t think I will return until the COVID situation has been resolved and would definitely wait for a deluxe room or suite was available.

Room tip: Book the deluxe room
1  Thank Josie C
Patricia O'Mahony, Marketing at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Dear TravellingAnnie007
Firstly thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us in Scotts Hotel. We really appreciate you taken the time to provide us with this constructive feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our room that you received unfortunately we do not have Air conditioning in our bedrooms however we do have portable fans available at reception.
Thank you for your comments in relation to our Covid protocol, currently the guidelines for facemasks wearing is recommended in hotels but it is not mandatory so unfortunately we are unable police the wearing of facemasks currently.
I do hope that you return to us in the near future and I will be looking forward to welcoming you.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2020

Staff were super friendly, lots of hand sanitiser stations around the hotel, seal on the room door to let us know it had been cleaned and the pancakes at breakfast were delicious. Hotel is right in the town, couldn't ask for a better spot!
We'd previously booked a deluxe room but had to reschedule due to illness and unfortunately there were no deluxe rooms available for our rescheduled dates so we got a standard double. If I stayed again I'd definitely wait until the deluxe room was available. I don't have the name of the lady that dealt with us changing our booking but she was lovely.
Full Irish breakfast wasn't great but the breakfast room was full so maybe kitchen staff were just very busy on that particular morning.
Found the room very warm, even with the window open and there's no air con so can't do anything about it.
Woken up both nights of our stay by the people in the next room - walls are extremely thin, you can hear EVERYTHING. Bring earplugs!
We had a miscommunication on check in where we were told that the residents bar was available for hotel guests to use as long as there was space. We ate out in the town before returning to the hotel for a drink only to be told that we needed to have a receipt from the hotel restaurant to use the residents bar. No issues with that policy but it would have been good if that was made clear on check in. We would have eaten in the hotel so we could have a drink to celebrate getting engaged that day!
Car park ticket was validated which was great but recommend getting there early to get a spot as the hotel car park is also a public one so it's very busy.
Lastly, not a complaint but worth knowing that tea & coffee making facilities have been removed from the rooms for the time being however, iron, ironing board and hairdryer are still there and you can get tea/coffee downstairs.

Hi StepGtravel,
Thank you for your most recent review on Scotts Hotel. I am sorry to read that you had to reschedule your trip and we were unable to facilitate a Deluxe Room during your stay. Thank you for your comments in relation to our breakfast, I have passed your comments onto the Head Chef. I am very sorry to read if they was a miscommunication on our part in relation to purchasing of beverage in our residents lounge. I have reiterate with all reception of our Covid 19 policy ; since we opened back at the end of June 2020, we have legally followed the guidelines outlined by the government; that no beverages can be purchased without a meal to the value of €9.00.
Thank you for your feedback once more; this assist us on what our customers needs and wants are. From next week on we are putting the tea & coffee facilities back in the room. I do hope that you return to Scotts Hotel in the near future, I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 23 August 2020

Stayed here on Monday night until Thursday felt very comfortable safe and well looked after The staff for both lunch and dinner never made one mistake with our orders and was a true professionals throughout thank u for a very enjoyable Few days & nights

2  Thank Roisinmcguirk

Dear Roisinmcguirk
Thank you for your kind comments on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable time with us on your staycation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.