I didn't stay at the B&B but was a day visitor for the pet farm.I was very disappointed with the pet farm, 3 puppies, about 12 rabbits, a goat in a pen, sheep roaming that would run away when you approach, with regards to the larger animalas, an oschrich, 2 donkies 2 pot bellied pigs and a few duck might I add all penned in, and of course horses again all penned in. The advertsed free pony ride is only for about 3 minutes. Totally over priced €7 for adults and €5 for a child, the play area had alot of sheep and dog droppings and play tractors that the pedals don't work.Would not return to the place... the family are very friendly and the younger teenager who feeds the stock was very friendly and chatted to the children. I was talking to another lady there with her daughter she was told by the owner Paudie for an extra €2 he would give her an extra long pony ride !!!!!! the child got the same time as mine and I didn't give any extra money. The toilets are spotless as is the area where the few small animals are, but I feel for this price either more accessible animals like Kennedy farm in Killarney ...or reduce your price for the skelton pet farm. Visited last year but the pet farm was only started up so I returned this year expecting the pet farm to be fully stocked very disapponting day out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farmhouse set in a peaceful valley. Large warm comfortable rooms with panoramic views of the mountains, oak forest with red deer. Our area is considered a walkers paradise and of course perfect for riding. Short stroll to Muckross House and the Killarney Lakes.Pet farm avaible to gusts staying and pony rides avaible for small children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Muckross Riding Stables B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Riding Stables Bed And Breakfast
- Muckross Riding Stables Hotel Killarney
- Muckross Riding Stables B&B Killarney, Europe