2 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$160
FindHotelUS$160
eDreamsUS$160
3,152 results
All reviews danu restaurant angsana spa vitality suite bar food beautiful hotel top class from start to finish superior room wedding reception rooms are spacious would highly recommend this hotel relaxing stay hotel bar last weekend both nights beautiful room killarney national park
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2022

Beautiful hotel, great food, good atmosphere in the bar and there was live music too. The staff were all polite and helpful, especially the receptionist Keelan (or maybe Caolain?), who was an absolute gem

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Caitriona Ashe, Other at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2022

Dear Aisling543
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed a lovely relaxing stay here at The Brehon, Killarney.
We strive to great a homely escape for our guests and are lucky to have a team that are so passionate about what they do.
It was a joy to share your feedback with are team and Kealan was thrilled to have received a special mention.
Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking the time to share it.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2022

The worst experience I have ever encountered, I am well travelled and have never recieved such poor, rude and unprofessional service, the GM Sinead was astoundingly the most unprofessional of all the staff I encountered during my stay, I would suggest all staff including manager's and especially Sinead the GM be sent for professional nessesary training to fulfil their positions and do a high standard training course in hospitality as this is what is expected from such a hotel, this hotel is by a mile over rated for customer satisfaction and customer care and service, it seems to me this hotel has encountered some difficulties with staff recruitment maybe due to the pandemic, it seems anybody that applied for a job at this hotel regardless to being experienced or no experience what so ever, and in my opinion from my personal experience it seems highly likely some remaining staff members were given higher positions they are not equipped or trained for, I would strongly suggest as a professional in the hospitality sector myself that this hotel does a full review and full training on all staff member's especially senior staff, managment and specifically Sinead the GM, I booked into this hotel expecting to feel destressed and relaxed after q long illness with cancer, when I advised the GM of this after the exceptional poor treatment I received....and also informed her I felt so much more stressed because of the treatment and issues I encountered from untrained and unprofessional staff...she shrugged and proceeded to tell me she has alot of staff (400+ in her opinion) under her position and advised as to how overly busy she is because of this, this hotel and staff has really slipped back and let itself down so badly if it continues running as is without adequate staff and management training to improve in all aspects of services including hospitality I believe in my own professional opinion and personal unfortunate experiences with this hotel, it should be stripped of it's 4 star rating on customer service, satisfactory, hospitality and unprofessionalism

1  Thank Laura D
Sinead McCarthy, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Dear Laura,
I was very disappointed to read your review and I feel for the sake of our TripAdvisor audience, I must share the experience from The Brehon's point of view.
Our managers, and staff alike, are trained to the highest standards, including the responsible service of alcohol. As a self-proclaimed hospitality professional, I’m sure you understand that we have a duty of care for the safety and wellbeing of all our guests and team. The manager on duty assessed the situation and having witnessed concerning behaviour, made the appropriate decision to refuse the further sale of alcohol.
The Brehon has an exceptional reputation and we strive to ensure all our guests leave feeling relaxed and that our team have exceeded their expectations. We never like to see a guest leave unhappy and therefore we go above and beyond to ensure this is the case.
You were met by 3 different members of the management team during your visit, all of whom have been working here a number of years, as have many other members of The Brehon team. They explained the policies and procedures we have to ensure the safety of our guests and team. It was also made clear that this hotel has a non-smoking policy and needless to say, we could not use the room after your stay for 3 days for which we didn’t charge for damages.
As you are also a hospitality professional, I would have hoped that you would have had a better understanding of the actions taken by our team during your stay with us. We have a small team of 120 management and staff whom work passionately to ensure guest satisfaction. I feel that there are many inaccuracies in your review which is not a true reflection of The Brehon team and the exceptional service we are renowned for as highlighted in many of our other reviews.
We appreciate you sharing your review with us and for allowing us to respond accordingly.
Kind Regards,
Sinead McCarthy.

Reviewed 23 January 2022

I have stayed here many times and it's always a great hotel to stay in, very friendly and helpful staff, the breakfast is really nice and the dinner is great. We will be coming back to stay here again soon

Dear paul0d2014
It is truly wonderful to see guests coming back to us after the chaos of the past two years and we appreciate you taking the time to share your lovely review of The Brehon, Killarney.
We would certainly love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2022 via mobile

We had 24hrs of pure bliss, breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent, the spa was so relaxing and the treatments were brilliant (1.5hr). We left the hotel to go for a walk to killarney to build up an appetite for dinner.
The staff were excellent, Pedro in the bar (where we had lunch and drinks before dinner) was lovely as was everyone else we met. Well done to all.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear derekpatrickb
Thank you for sharing your lovely review of your stay here at The Brehon, Killarney.
Our team are thrilled to hear such wonderful praise on such a public platform. Pedro in particular was delighted to have received a special mention so thank you for taking the time to highlight him.
I am glad you had an opportunity to experience the lush ambiance of our Angsana Spa. It is a wonderful space to escape to.
Our Head Chef, Chad Byrne, has been working on some exciting new options for our menus so he will be very happy to update his team with your wonderful feedback.
We are extremely fortunate to be located so close to the beauty of Killarney National Park and I'm sure you will agree, it's certainly worth a visit.
I do hope that we will be welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2022

This hotel knows how to welcome and treat their visitors. You wont be disappointed.
There is a nice ambience, food is great either in bar or in Danu restaurant.
Rooms are comfortable and the Angsana spa is well worth a trip to relax for almost an hour!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Caitriona Ashe, Other at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2022

Dear danrO3418JX
Thank you for this lovely 5 star review of your stay here at the Brehon, Killarney.
We do try to create a relaxing escape for our guests so I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing stay with us.
The Angsana Spa at the Brehon has been described by guests before as an oasis with their unique selection of treatments and focus on overall well being.
Our team were thrilled to hear such wonderful feedback so thank you very much.
We do hope to see you again.