I have recently returned from a trip to The Brehon, and to be honest I would struggle to find fault with it. My biggest issue is its four star rating, I have stayed in other "4 star" hotels in Killarney and they aren't fit to sweep the forecourt of The Brehon.
From the moment we set foot in the hotel to the moment we left we were made feel welcome and that the staff couldn't do enough for us.
After check in we went to our room, which was a bog standard room, but let me get one thing clear. There are NO bog standard rooms in the Brehon, it was gorgeous, spacious and overlooked the front of the hotel with a view of the mountains. FANTASTIC. Unfortunately there was some noise from the lifts (which were located right beside the room) but we requested a change and again they couldn't have been nicer about it. They put us into one of their suites. Again another gorgeous room.
The bar had the right mix of buzz and peace and quite the staff were brilliant and efficeint. The bar food was tasty and well prepared, served promptly and still piping hot.
The breakfasts were to die for, the selection was massive and the cooked breakfast was made with very high quality ingredients cooked perfectly. I was glad of the fifteen minute stroll into town after breakfast to try walk off some of the breakfast.
We had a meal in the Danu restaurant on our last night and I have to say it was one of the finest meals I have eaten in an age. There are probably one or two restaurants that I would rate higher. Again the staff were fantastic and the food exceptional. I'll be honest and I made an absolute pig of myself. I would highly recommend the quail starter and their really clever take on a Lemon Cheesecake for dessert.
While we were there we were granted free access to there thermal suites which we were only too happy to take advantage of and so should anyone wanted to relax. (I was disappointed that I didn't have the time to take full advantage of their Spa and get a treatment, but I'll definitely get one on my next trip back)
By now I am sure your sick of reading about how great the Brehon is but these are the facts it is a great hotel and I'll happily return to Killarney just to go to this hotel again. I will say I found the temperature in the hotel to be a little warm but to be fair it was unseasonally warm during our trip which I won't complain about.
All in all I am looking forward to my return there ( I just need an excuse now)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brehon is a luxurious hotel of unique grace and elegance set amidst Killarney’s breathtaking landscape. Each guestroom and suite reflects a contemporary blend of beauty, style and space. The Brehon also offers visitors a chance to relax and unwind in the Angsana Spa, the European flagship of the famous Thai celebrity haunt The Banyan Tree. The experienced Thai therapists offer a range of holistic spa treatments and massages to refresh and revitalise the spirit, mind and physical being. All treatments carried out in the Angsana Spa are 100% authentic Thai and use only natural ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Brehon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Brehon Hotel Killarney
- Brehon Hotel Killarney
- The Brehon Killarney, Europe