All reviewsnational parkring of kerryhome bakinghomemade caramelbaked treatsa lovely double roombooks and dvdsgreat recommendations for restaurantsbreakfast was deliciousminute walk from the centrehelpful tipswonderful hospitalityrecommend this b b to anyonewonderful stayireland tripliving roombeautiful killarney
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, the B&B is lovely and the room was nice.
Serena was very welcoming, gave us lots of information and clearly knows the area well.
Breakfast was lovely & the abundance of sweet treats was especially nice too.
We would highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sika Lodge K, Owner at Sika Lodge B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thanks so much Sarah for taking time out to write a review of our home. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes, Serena

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 3, a lovely double room with en suite. It was immaculate and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was lovely and both hosts offered great advice for what to see in the area during our limited time there. We plan to return to see more of county Kerry so will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Sika Lodge K, Owner at Sika Lodge B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our bed and breakfast. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Serena is a warm & friendly person, with a lot of helpful tips and recommendations for what to enjoy around the area. Her house is beautiful and wonderfully designed, really feels like a high end hotel with the warmth of a personal home. I got the single room and it was comfy and warm (great to thaw out after a cold day). Her breakfast is delicious and hearty, a great start to a busy day. Her home is about a 20 mins slow walk to the town, near enough to enjoy all the shops and restaurants, but far away from the tourist crowds. She's also right along the start of the Ring of Kerry, so good location to set off from for the scenic drive. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Debby L

Debby
It was an absolute pleasure to look after you during your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the single room and it was also lovely to hear you liked my breakfast. It was a delight to chat with you and I do hope if you visit Killarney again, we will have more chats.
Take care

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We are California transplants who recently moved to Cork. Took my parents, who were visiting from the states to the area and decided on Sika Lodge because of the great reviews. Best decision we made. The rooms were immaculate, and the little extras i.e. homemade caramel squares at check-in, filtered water, mint cookies, coffee/tea in the rooms are huge bonuses for a mum who travels with young kids and young at heart parents :). Every inch of the common area and rooms are tastefully decorated, the kids enjoy the wide variety of DVDs (tons of movies for big people to enjoy too, but I was too busy reading one of the many books she had in living room bookshelf). And the beautiful breakfast room was so relaxing to sit in as we enjoyed one of the best breakfasts I can remember being on the road. Sika Lodge takes the stress out of travel and helps you enjoy Killarney. Best way I could put it. Thank you, Serena! We don't live too far, and give your close proximity to Killarney and the national park, we'll definitely be coming back. Save us some rooms :).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi Jaejean
Thank you so much for such a fantastic review, it is truly appreciated. I loved looking after you and your family. To hear that you enjoyed every aspect we have to offer has really made my day!!! As you say, you're not too far away from us so I am looking forward to a return visit shortly. Best regards to your parents and hugs to those adorable kiddies.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Serena is a lovely informative host with loads of local knowledge as well as a terrific cook. Beds were comfortable with minimal noise able to be heard from other guests. Rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast of scrambled eggs with bacon was delicious, so was salmon. Plate of home baked treats on offer in the foyer on both days we stayed. Easy walk into Kilkenny for an evening meal and drinks. Could not fault this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your very kind review of my bed and breakfast. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed the comfortable beds and clean rooms and found the breakfast to be delicious. I take great pride in my cooking/baking, so to receive such praise is always a lovely treat.
I do hope that our paths cross again should you return to Killarney