“Great Adventure in Ireland's Winter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Killarney Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Adventure in Ireland's Winter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We were there March 1, 2017. It all started with Karen doing a great job communicating back and forth from the US to Killarney. She was patient, courteous and responded within 24 hours to my emails. Enjoyed meeting her the day of our trail ride. Karen's "office" and the horse barn were nicer than expected; neat and clean. Three experienced instructors went with the three of us. They were super: friendly, courteous and patient. There were three in our group, all beginners and I was the oldest at 64. We really enjoyed the ride: even though It rained; it sleeted and the wind blew like crazy. A great adventure. Two hours was plenty in that type of weather although we dressed for it. We felt we experienced something very special riding Ireland's horses in Ireland's winter in Killarney National Park. Loved it and would do it again. Thanks Killarney Riding Stables for a well run operation and the friendly, welcoming people working there.

Visited March 2017

Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2017

With little to none experience in riding horses, the woman that were instructing us made us feel very relaxed and helped us enjoy the trail. Seeing how nervous I was on the horse ( I'm not great with heaights) one girl stayed behind and chatted to make me feel at ease. After about ten minutes I was very relaxed and was able to enjoy the views as well as going for a little trot! We had booked an hour trail but were out for and hour and a half. Great value! Great staff and extremely well behaved horses Can't praise this place enough ☺️ This will Most defiantly be a regular activity whenever we are in killarmey. Can't wait for the next time

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome riding stables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

My sister and I went on a two hour long ride at the Killarney riding stables the other day and it was awesome. The weather was awful and so that made the ride a bit less enjoyable but it was still lovely.
They picked us up free of charge from our hotel and the guides were very knowledgeable and helpful.
The horses were gorgeous and well trained. The park was amazing and we got to see a lot of wildlife.
Will definitely be coming back!

Visited February 2017
“Killarney Riding Stables ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Great day for riding!! Thanks for the fun despite the rain!! (Which was very cold...so wear your cold gear!) Very nice staff and very helpful. Amazing views!! Thanks again!

Visited February 2017
“Great ride, amazing people, beautiful scenery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2017

Making my reservation was very easy being in a foreign country with no phone accessibility. Made the reservation by email and when we got there, we were taken care of very well.
The 2 hour ride was a perfect amount of time to see the mountains, pastures, and nature. It was a typical cold January morning, but our 2 guides were great about frequent trots to help us warm back up. We had a great time chatting with them throughout the ride as well. They were great girls who I enjoyed getting to know. If you go between October-March, I'd recommend wearing very thick socks as your feet will probably get very cold throughout the ride.

Visited January 2017