“Great ride, amazing people, beautiful scenery!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Killarney Riding Stables

Killarney Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
“Great ride, amazing people, beautiful scenery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2017

Making my reservation was very easy being in a foreign country with no phone accessibility. Made the reservation by email and when we got there, we were taken care of very well.
The 2 hour ride was a perfect amount of time to see the mountains, pastures, and nature. It was a typical cold January morning, but our 2 guides were great about frequent trots to help us warm back up. We had a great time chatting with them throughout the ride as well. They were great girls who I enjoyed getting to know. If you go between October-March, I'd recommend wearing very thick socks as your feet will probably get very cold throughout the ride.

Munich, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience on horseback ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We went on a beautiful ride yesterday! We felt very good taken care of and were given horses, that each suited us very well. The ride with out guide Laureen was fantastic! The nature in Killarney NP is so unique and beautiful and I cannot imagine a better way to explore it. Laureen was very friendly, responsible and knowledgeable. Fantastic experience!

Collierville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Although it was freezing, I had such a good time on my 2 hr ride! The guides were so genuine and my horse was such a blast. Loved my experience here.

Riverside, California
“A calm and beautiful tour of Killarney national park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

My friend and I both love horses and were thrilled to find that we could ride in Killarney. The tour took us into the park, with only two others with us. We saw some beautiful sights and animals, and got to have some lovely chats with the instructors. Because my friend and I are used to western saddles, the instructors were very patient with us and helped us adjust to the right way to ride. The horses were great and very calm. We were even able to trot for a while, which was thrilling! Overall, a lovely experience.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great people, nice experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2017

Like most we met on our trip to Ireland, everyone that we encountered at the stables was friendly and helpful! They picked us up at our B&B and it was just the two of us for the morning 2 hour ride. Not being very familiar with the area, we weren't sure what we would see on the ride and had probably set expectations too high that we would see some of the Killarney National park highlights (Torc Waterfall, Ross Castle, Ladies View, Gap of Dunloe). Just keep in mind that this is a scenic ride so you're looking at the mountains, lakes, etc from a bit of a distance, and at least on the ride we went on didn't see any of the major stops.

We still had a great time, and I was very impressed with how well trained the horses are! Our trail guide was excellent and the pictures made all our friends very jealous!

Visited December 2016