“See what a difference a stay makes!”

Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Just after another return visit to the Plaza Hotel Killarney. We stayed in Suite 401 (well worth the treat of upgrading) The room was luxurious, spacious, immaculately clean with beautiful views of the mountains & national park. There was also something magical about hearing the gentle trot of the horses & jaunting cars outside our window in such beautiful & relaxing surroundings. Fabulous power shower & jacuzzi bath with twin sinks. The shower alone was like visiting a hydrotherapy suite! The location is ideal as you are in the centre of the town, this saves you on transport etc. We also had cocktails, highly recommend sampling! We ate in the restaurant & again it comes highly recommended. I thoroughly enjoyed a 3 course meal, & breakfast the following morning, my compliments to the chef. The staff really go above & beyond expectations. From dealing with Siobhan for the telephone reservation, Amy in reception on arrival & another gentleman. (Apologies I cannot think of the name) Aaron who was most gracious with room service. They made our stay most enjoyable & pleasurable& were always greeted with a friendly smile. We CANNOT wait to return! We also enjoyed the Spa which sent us home relaxed & revived. This hotel has the art of exceeding your highest expectations. Would be thoroughly deserving of a 5 Star rating *****

Room Tip: Book a suite, soo worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Limarsh
PlazaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Dear Limarsh,

Thank you for your lovely review on your experience with the Killarney Plaza Hotel & Spa.
It is heart warming to read about your experience and your wonderfully detailed review on our food offerings, cocktails (recently revamped menu), facilities and services. It really sounds like you loved your return stay with us.
We highly recommend our suites too, the are simply beautiful!

I am so glad that you found our staff knowledgeable, helpful and welcoming. This really makes the difference when you travel away.

Kindest Regards,
Orla O'Driscoll
Guest Relations Manager

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Been here many times and always enjoyed it but but had very disappointing experience. Understaffed. ..staff very unorgsnised..2 hour's for a main course and a coffee. 40 mins waiting for the coffee. .. won't be going back

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunshinegirl72
PlazaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2015

Dear Sunshinegirl72,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your experience with us.
I am deeply disappointed to read about your experience, I can assure you this is not the usual experience for our guests. At times when service is especially busy, for example, especially on a day like yesterday, Munster Final day in Kerry, our services may be affected by waiting times etc. We do try our best to offset the negative affects of such days but invariably there will often be waiting times and staff under some pressure.

I do sincerely hope you will consider coming back to our hotel again in the near future.
If you would like to discuss this issue further please do not hesitate to contact me on 0646621100 or managers@odonoghue-ring-hotels.com

Kindest Regards,
Orla O'Driscoll

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We travelled her with our two teenage girls and we had two rooms. Our room was extremely large and there room was a normal size hotel room. Our room was on the corner of the hotel and we had windows on both sides which made the room very bright and airy with the drapes opened. E had a nice size desk, separate sitting area and plenty of closet and draw space. When we first entered the room we couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights but I saw this device that looked like you put your room card key in and it worked the lights came on. When you left the room you took you key and the lights and A/C went out. The pool was big enough to do laps if you didn't do a flip turn so it was nice to get some laps in while in Ireland which I didn't count on. Bring a bathing cap as they make you were one while in pool. If you forget the will provide one for 1.75 euro. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel and it was very good. The service was excellent and the room was large and comfortable. It closed at 10am but it looked like they gave a 15 minute grace period. If you showed up at 10:00 there was still plenty of food out and you could ask for anything and they would provide. Staff was great and the hotel ad several bar area's and eating area's.
If you drive the entrance to the parking garage is in the back of the hotel. I would come back again and you really cant go wrong here.

Room Tip: ask for the corner room on the 2nd or 3rd floor that provides views from both sides.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank valwed
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We stayed in the Killarney Plaza from Thursday to Saturday. The place was very clean. The staff were courteous. The breakfast buffet had a good variety, and the chef was very accommodating. Several members of our party kept raving about the porridge so I had to try it on the second day. I never had porridge before but it was very good. The chef was kind enough to share his secret, too! We had dinner at the bar and the restaurant-food was excellent.
My only complaint was each time we went back and forth to the elevators, there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. I checked-each room had a no smoking sign and the floor itself was a non smoking floor. I went to the front desk to complain and I didn't feel like the woman at reception wanted to deal with the problem. Yes I understood that because I couldn't exactly pinpoint the room they couldn't go around accusing guests. But she could have at least reassured me that there would be an attempt at an investigation. I was mostly afraid that whoever was smoking in their rooms would set the place on fire.
All in all, however, we would come back for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here for 2 nights at the plaza lovely staff beautiful rooms and the food was lovely I would love to stay again anytime the hotel is in an ideal location and the staff go the extra mile to be helpful i would highly recommend the plaza to anyone to stay

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo