1,050 results
All reviews lovely hotel sister hotel next door town centre tour group leisure centre five minute walk breakfast was included bus tour enjoyable stay muckross road the pub reception area hotel bar both mornings full irish stayed here for two nights top class
Reviewed 5 June 2018

The hotel was in a classic Victorian style mansion. It looked charming at first glance, but everything is old and dated.

Room: We got a room on the 3rd floor (probably the attic) facing the back. There're absolutely no view except thick bushes. The room was just average size, nothing like the pictures on their website. It must be because we're part of tour group booking so they gave us the less favorable rooms of the house.
The room had no AC, so it's very stuffy and stale. I couldn't keep the window open concerning about the mosquitoes and bugs. There's a centralized exhaust fan in the bathroom, but it's turned on for a few hours only everyday. The 1st night, we took the shower after the fan was turned off. All the steam from the shower filled the whole room. It's so uncomfortable I was forced to open the window - until the first sign of mosquito in the room. Second night, we made sure to shower while the fan was on, then it's better. I wondered if they were trying to save electricity or just being cheap. I did call the reception to request them to keep the fan on longer, but got nowhere. What a shame!!!
The mattresses were terrible with some parts sinking in. They had definitely passed their prime years ago. There's a stainless steel beverage tray with a built-in electric kettle. The tray was so dirty I ended wiping clean myself. But I could not avoid using the tray if I wanted to use the kettle. Also, there's no free bottle water in the room.

Location: it's no right at the city center. But since it's a small town, it's only about 10 to 15 mins walk everywhere.

Amenities: the website said the hotel has a pool and fitness center. They're actually located inside their sister hotel - The Randles Hotel, next door, which looks much nicer and more modern.

The breakfast was just below average, very limited choice of items. One thing I really didn't like was that we're supposed to order from the menu which was supposed to be on the table. The 1st morning when we sat down, there's no menu and no one told us about ordering from the menu. When the waitress came to take our order, we're clueless. We asked what was there to order, but the waitress didn't offer us a menu and was kind of impatient with us. The next day we decided to go down the restaurant earlier than the designated time (every tour group had a designated time to have breakfast). But they wouldn't let us in until the designated time.

Overall, I'd not give this hotel any higher than a 2* for all the things about, plus other things which I don't even want to waste my time on it.. Given a choice, I'd rather stay at the Randles next door.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 3rd floor or facing the back. The top floor seems to be more stuffy on a warm day.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
BernadetteRandles, Owner at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear CSY1957,

Thank you for your feedback and comments following your recent stay with us as part of your bus tour. Our third floor is certainly not the attic and with 72 bedrooms on site not all are front facing rooms and not all have views. I also do not agree with your comments regarding tour groups getting less favourable rooms. We pride ourselves in providing a warm and welcoming service to all our guests and irrespective of their method of booking.

You are very lucky to be travelling in Ireland during the recent spell of exceptional weather we are experiencing, however we are not always this fortunate in terms of weather and more often than not do not have a requirement for A/C. We do provide fans for rooms should you find the room too warm for you and these are available from reception.

With reference to the bathroom fan, I will investigate this as a matter of urgency with our operations team.

We are not located in the centre of the town but we are 5-8 minute leisurely walk from the town centre. We share our leisure facilities with our Sister hotel but the facilities are located on the hotel grounds and less than 30 seconds from our front door.

I apologise for the confusion with breakfast on the first morning of your stay but we do provide a cold breakfast buffet and a hot cooked to order breakfast. However thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will discuss with our staff. Indeed as you can appreciate with large tour groups the company and guides prefer if they all seat together and at co-ordinated times to ensure a smooth service and enable to arrange staffing, therefore this is why we generally keep to set times for tour groups.

I am sorry if you didn't enjoy your time with us and I would have appreciated if you spoke with a manager while you were here with us and we could have tried to resolve some of the issues while you were here.

Thank you again for your feedback and I will speak to my staff regarding some of the points you have raised.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in a family room with twin 4 year olds and my mother. All of us had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Great location, great pool, family friendly bar and restaurant and fantastic central location to sightsee. Would definitely recommend and would love to stay here again!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
BernadetteRandles, Owner at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Siomia,

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your family break with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your family time and indeed we loved having you all with us. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Relaxing hotel just 10 minutes walk to town. We used this hotel as a base for exploring the local area and the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle peninsula.
Large clean rooms and friendly staff.
The car park is easily accessible.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank omr47

Thanks omr47, really appreciate your comments and feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are the ideal base for exploring the many wonderful attractions Kerry has to offer.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with very fries delicious helpful staff. Probably the best front desk staff we met on our 2 week visit to Ireland. My only complaint was with the internet. I had to be close to the bathroom to get service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank DES8251
BernadetteRandles, Owner at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Des8251,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff and particularly front desk we really appreciate them. I am not sure was there an issue with wifi during your stay but I will investigate further to see as we normally don't have issues with the wifi.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Certainly not a 4 star hotel... breakfast inedible- not made to order fresh as hotel states, pudding stone cold on inside-rubber eggs that were hard and reheated ( NOT soft egg as ordered) juices not fresh - disgusting- fruit salad definitely made couple days previously. Cancelled and sent back and didnt have breakfast following morning. Kaynes bistro for dinner- poor quality also. Walls leading stairs to restaurant were filthy just like the plates/ cups / bowls of breakfast all scuffed. Bistro tables were sticky. The only positive regarding the food was the dessert. Rooms very basic and overall shocked how this hotel ever gained 4 stars!!!! Do not WASTE your money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KLS420,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. We value all comments both positive and like yours not so positive as it helps us to identify areas of refocus and where staff training etc may be required. I am sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I have noted all your comments with regard to breakfast and will discuss as a matter of urgency with our Kitchen team. Yes indeed there was a recent accident which resulted in the wall leading to bistro being scuffed but this has since been freshly repainted and cleaned.

It is unfortunate that you did not raise your issues when you were here and allowed us an opportunity to investigate and rectify the matters, I am extremely disappointed with your comments overall and will investigate fully on all aspect immediately.

Your feed back and comments are well appreciated and of immense value to us as it enables us to continuously monitor and measure the level of service and standards at the hotel. Hopefully you will choose to return to us and please contact me personally if you choose to do so.

Kind Regards