“disabled view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Cork, Ireland
“disabled view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We arrived to a warm welcome, room excellent- one bathroom and one disabled shower room. Staff very friendly and welcoming. 'Supervalubreak' 1 meal included in break to be taken in Kaynes bistro (upstairs), toilet also (upstairs or downstairs in bar). This should have been stated on booking. Managed stairs but not impressed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BernadetteRandles, Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Orla P,

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with your stay at The Dromhall Hotel and you found the staff very friendly and welcoming. I am very disappointed that you were inconvenienced with regards to the stairs. It is unfortunate that you did not raise your concern when you were here and allowed us an opportunity to accommodate you.

We would have seated you in the raised area of the bar which then would have allowed you to use the toilets in the lobby area. This then would have eliminated the stairs for you.

I hope you will choose to return to us in the not too distant future and allow us to give you another enjoyable stay minus the stairs.

I will take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and for taking the time to give us your thoughts on the service and facilities at The Dromhall Hotel.

Bernadette Randles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the Dromhall Hotel this weekend and was disturbed on Saturday afternoon by a dog barking. To my horror i realised the dog was in the room next door on his own. This was no small dog. Is it normal to have dogs in hotel rooms? Could a dog have been sleeping in my bed before I stayed? I thought pet friendly hotels just provided kennel's. Not acceptable! Disgusted!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank frank m
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Frank M,

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Killarney and your stay at our hotel. I apologize to you for the disturbance on Saturday afternoon and I hope you were not disturbed for too long. I am sorry you feel so strongly about pets staying in the Hotel but let me assure you that no dog has slept in any of the beds in the hotel.

We are a Pet Friendly Hotel and we have a number of allocated rooms for pet owners. The housekeeping services are to a very high standard, as in all our rooms.

Guests when booking are informed that they must bring their own bed for the pet such as a cushion, cage or basket. It is stressed to the guest that the pets are not allowed on the beds or furniture. The pet will not be allowed into the restaurant but they can use the Lobby area if the pet is well behaved. The guest are requested to avoid leaving the pet on its own were possible. If the guest is leaving the pet in the room on it’s own they must inform the front desk so we can contact them if there is a disturbance.

In my experience the majority of the Guests who are pet owners, are responsible pet owners and appreciate the hotel and its surroundings and give respect to others guests.
They are thankful for the opportunity for a breakaway and to be able to bring their loved ones with them.

I hope in giving this explanation you have a better understanding of the service we offer to pet owners and how this service is provided.

I thank you for your feed back and comments as they are well appreciated and of immense value to us. Hopefully you will choose to return to us in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our wedding reception here in July 2011. Living in Australia we thought it would be very difficult to organise everything, not with Bernadette & Brendan at the Helm. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Everything was fantastic from the service we received before the big day to the wedding reception itself.

I wouldn't change a thing. We had around 230 guests and we had 0 complaints about the food - infact we had all positive feedback, it really was top notch.

We had guests staying at the hotel from around the world and all over Ireland. Everyone I spoke with afterwards was delighted with how good the hotel is.

Next time we're in Ireland we will be calling to Kayne's for a hearty meal!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dieseldamo
cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Just back from weekend in Killarney.
Dromhall hotel; advailed of special offer of 2 nights B+B and 1 evening meal excellant value for money, 5 minute walk from centre of town. Good selection for breakfast, bar food and bistro menu. Rooms are spacious clean and cleaned daily.
Staff are so friendly excellant and so helpful.
Will be back!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jennygr Cork,

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with your stay at The Dromhall Hotel and you received excellent value for money. As a family run business we like to keep in touch with our guests were possible and take pride in delivering a high standard of service and in this day and age value for money is at the top of the agenda.

I look forward to welcoming you back at The Dromhall Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Kaynes Bar recently. It was absolutely a fantastic experience from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left. The service was fantastic. The food was one of the best dining experiences that I'v had in a long time. Price was very reasonable. Atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. If visiting Killarney this place will not dissappoint. You wont find a better place to eat in Killarney. I cant recommend this place high enough. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful evening especially Karen and Seamus.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends