“Kaynes”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Killarney, Ireland
“Kaynes”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Kaynes Bar recently. It was absolutely a fantastic experience from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left. The service was fantastic. The food was one of the best dining experiences that I'v had in a long time. Price was very reasonable. Atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. If visiting Killarney this place will not dissappoint. You wont find a better place to eat in Killarney. I cant recommend this place high enough. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful evening especially Karen and Seamus.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kerry7777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We Stayed in Dromhall Hotel last Tue and Wed, I have to agree the Rooms are not four Star.
It was clean but not modern at all. The TV was an old fashioned one that was on a stand, looking out of place. I didnt think any Hotels had them like that any more. The Breakfast was ok not a great deal of choice really. Although the Girl was very nice and polite at Breakfast but many a time someone came in and stood waiting to be seated and had to sit them selves and wait for her to come back. We had a meal a couple of times in the Bar the first night it was nice and the Service was good, but the next night the Football was on the TV so it was pretty busy and then the Service was very slow, not enough staff to cover it and the meal wasnt that great it was easy to see that they were rushed off their feet.wouldnt want to stay there again, not really my kind of Hotel.

1 Thank lee_susan47
BernadetteRandles, Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Lee-Susan47,

Thank you for reviewing The Dromhall Hotel. I am very disappointed and I apologise that you did not enjoy certain aspects of your visit.

With reference to the breakfast we serve a full continental buffet breakfast plus a choice of six cooked to order hot main dishes. I would only be too happy to receive your suggestions as what you would like to have on the menu and if it is feasible I may include them.

You stated you stayed with us recently and as you can appreciate, it is very quite, this time of the year. We only had a few guests staying and this would explain why we had only one staff member in the restaurant serving.

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with the politeness and service of the staff and would like to thank you for your appreciation.

Kind Regards,

Bernadette Randles
dublin
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed in the Dromhall Hotel last Tuesday and Wednesday. The rate for the two nights we thought was reasonable enough €152 considering it is a advertised as a four star hotel. It is handy enough to find just a short distance from Kilarney town on the Muckross Road.

As we arrived they where testing the alarm systems in the hotel, which has to be done but set a tone for the stay I think. The staff where polite and helpful as we checked in, we found our room and I am sorry but that was not a four star room. The curtains where dirty( room 120 go check), the TV is an older TV that sits on a small stand on the floor so when you do lie in bed you can only see half the screen, the toilet did not flush properly, in fact the handle was practically coming off, the shower sprayed water two ways..one direction where the water should be going and the other straight onto the bathroom floor. The girl in reception got their handy man to fix the toilet and I fixed the shower myself..but should we have had to do this. I have stayed in many lesser starred hotels where the rooms where cleaner and better kitted out for a cheaper cost. Sorry but I was not impressed at all.

Kaynes bar serves lovely food and you can have a couple of nice relaing drinks there, the hotel breakfast choice is very limited and as I say we recently stayed in another 3 star hotel that had a better and more varied breakfast option.

Overall not the best of stays and I do find the price expensive for what we got.Our next stay in Kilarney will have to be somewhere else I'm afraid.

1 Thank GillardC
Dear Gillard C,

First and foremost, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and for taking the time to give us your thoughts on the service and facilities at The Dromhall Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with the service of the staff, Kaynes bar food, relaxing atmosphere and the location of the Hotel. I would like to thank you for your appreciation.

I apologize most sincerely with reference to the testing. It was a fire check which under the Fire Regulations is mandatory and we have over 300 fire heads in the hotel. We do try and pick a quite time, off season, between the hours of 11.00am to 16.00pm, hoping to cause lease disruption to our guests. This is maybe an area as a Company we should look at changing. Maybe closing the hotel for a couple of days while testing and transferring our guests to our sister Hotel, Randles Court, that is only next door to us.

With regards to the Televisions, we do have flat screen TV’s on two floors and we will shortly replace all old TV sets. I can assure you; your comments about your room have been passed on to house keeping and have been addressed.

Your feed back and comments are well appreciated and of immense value to us as it enables us to continuously monitor and measure the level of service and standards at the hotel.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Killarney and hopefully you will choose to return to us and please contact me personally if you choose to do so.

Bernadette Randles
Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed in a standard double room, nicely decorated, very clean. The breakfast was fine, full breakfast was ok, standard cereals and juices. A choice of 2 pastries and brown bread and toast. The staff were brilliant, they really made you feel relaxed as soon as you step in the door, breakfast time they made sure you had all you wanted without being overbearing.
We stayed here as we went to the INEC for a show, location great for centre of town and INEC walking distance to both.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed as part of a couple in jan 2012. It was lovely food was great people were lovely rooms were really clean and although it was a really qiet period for them we were told where to go for live music and a great atmosphere. Killarney is a lovely town and if you go to muckross house def don't leave without goin on the jaunting cars the man that took us was a real gentleman and knew everything about the area there was to know! So sorry I didn't get his name. I would recommend it to anyone any time of year!

• Stayed January 2012