Neptunes Hostel
US$291
US$281
The Brehon(Killarney)
US$270
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$289
Orbitz.com
US$233
  • Pool
All reviewsbed dormfree breakfasta private double roomcommunal kitchenperson roomcommon areasreception areaother guestsnational parkno hot watermiddle of townbeds were comfortablewi fione night staygreat roomtea and coffeea great place to stay
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I was so excited to FaceTime my family (obviously we are on a different time zone) and the security guard yelled at me and aggressively threatened to kick me outside for the night. Granted, it was 3am but I was in the common area. His response was SO NEGATIVE and he made me feel very uncomfortable. I was not being loud, disruptive or obnoxious...just simply happy to talk to my sister back home. He made me hang up on her otherwise he wasn't going to let me into her room. Completely controlling & unnecessary. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Irish hospitality means a warm welcome, friendly staff and a homey atmosphere and Neptunes is the epitome of Irish hospitality.

I stayed in a 6-bed dorm during a Shamrocker Tour and found the rooms to be basic yet comfortable and cosy. My bed was great and the location of the room was a bit further from the street so we slept without a sound.

The hostel is set in the perfect spot right in amongst restaurants, bars and clubs, there's also a Tesco 2 minutes walk away.

Free wifi was great in the common areas. Kitchen is huge. Plenty of space to relax and read a book or chat with fellow travellers.

Staff were lovely and made sure you were well looked after.

Overall, very happy with this hostel. Will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

the hostel seems to be divided into two parts. the rooms to the left of reception are a bit old and depressing. the ones to the right are brighter and cleaner. i think these are the ensuite dorms so if booking ask for an ensuite dorm. staff very helpful about the region.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2011

we booked a room over the phone with neptunes one week before arriving.. spoke to two different staff and gave visa card details.. arrived on the day to be told they had no record of us or our booking.... and had no available rooms on the night.. guy behind desk also said it was the third time it had happened that day... no apology or any consession was given just a VERY vague list of possible other hostels in kilarney...

found they didn't care about the fact we were stuck with no where to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while traveling through Ireland and were very pleased with the service and price. For a hostel Neptune's is quite good, and we had an excellent and clean little private room with our own shower/bathroom. The breakfast was a nice touch, and the we received great advice from the staff members about where to go and what to see in the area. For the budget travel this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple