“Good nights sleep”

Ranked #72 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good nights sleep”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The location was great and quiet. Staff was very helpful. Food was good. Heat in the bathroom didn't work but overall it was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at Glena House for 2 nights and found it to be comfortable and the service very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was as good as any of the other B & B's we stayed in throughout Ireland and all of the amenities you would expect were provided. The room we had was clean and tidy with plenty of space although some of the hallways and common areas could do with a bit of TLC to give a better overall polish. We would stay again at Glena House without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kerry
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We were attending a wedding in a nearby hotel & choose Glena House for its location & the somewhat reasonable rate.
Before I make any negative comments I must say that the service was quite good, we needed to have an early check in so just rang a day before & they accommodated us no problem. However..Area near the front door needed a brush & a clean up. Not the most inviting. I noticed the stairs up to the rooms was very scruffy, not even vacuumed, even the banister seemed a bit sticky. Our room seemed clean & bright. No spare pillows but other than that the bed for quite comfy. The bathroom appeared clean but the shower (over bath) seemed very old & needs updating.
Breakfast was quite nice, cereals & then some cooked options. I had an omelette but there was full Irish, scrambled egg & smoked salmon also to choose from. Quite nice, so no complaints there.
Don’t think I'd stay again - it needs to be a bit cleaner & more attention to detail would make a good job of it though.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KerryPenguin
N/a
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We found our stay in Glena House to be one of our more questionable decisions!! The location of the B&B was one of it's few good points. Unfortunatley the negatives outweighed the positives. The breakfast we had was only so so, the room and shower barely passed muster - to name but two.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was booked in for one night only thank God, and would have left only it was after midnight when the taxi dropped me off there. The stairs and hallway leading to the bedroom were filthy and smelled of stale cooking oil. The room was worse with stained dirty carpet that I wouldn't walk on without shoes. The bed had old stained and faded linen on it and the springs of the mattress were coming through. I was covered in flea bites the next morning and couldn't wait to shower, only to have the dribble of water from the shower stop completely once I had shampooed my hair. I eventually made it down to breakfast where I was wary of eating anything on offer. There was stale cereal or canned fruit salad as a choice. I opted for the full Irish which was OK and came with tea and toast. There was no one at reception to complain to when I was leaving and as I had pre-paid I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I WON'T BE BACK FOR SECONDS.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank lynchpdeck

Travellers are raving about these Killarney hotels