“First time in Killarney Heights Hotel,”

The Heights Hotel Killarney
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Cork, Ireland
“First time in Killarney Heights Hotel,”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

January 28 2012.
We booked to stay through one of the Lidl breaks for one night, dinner, BB for four. From the minute we checked in at 4 in the afternoon until we checked out we all truly enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food was excellent both the dinner and breakfast. Rooms comfortable and very clean. Will be back again and will be reccommending this hotel to friends. We requested 1 smoking and 1 non smoking room there was no problem. There was entertainment in the bar which enjoyable. Lou.

Room Tip: Specify what your requirements are upon booking.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise G
Heights H, Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, 8 April 2015
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at The Heights Hotel Killarney. We are renowned for the beautiful food, our professional, friendly staff and the exceptional service we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gorey
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was working in Tralee the day I stayed and on route to Wexford. I just pulled in as it was along my route and was wrecked. My room was very comfortable. I had a little problem with the shower but within minutes the staff came to look at it and allowed me to shower next door. I was impressed with this as I had to get going for work. I am sorry I didn't get the name of the woman who was there serving food on January 24th and 25th...I believe she would be a manager...she was so attentive and professional. She was there for dinner and breakfast and was lovely. I really have to say for the 45 euro I spent for bed and breakfast I was very happy...best sleep I've had in awhile...I have three small children at home so it was lovely to be comfortable and get good rest!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JennieDGorey
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Possibly the coldest, draughtiest place ever!! The Bars,Restaurant and Breakfast room are full of open spaces that leave a lot of cold air in! The breakfast room alone has 4 or 5 sets of double doors that are never closed.Food was dissapointing,and lukewarm at best.
There is a damp smell from the carpets and it is quite old.
Give it a miss, there are much nicer warmer and welcoming hotels in killarney.
I spent the next few days in bed recovering from flu after my visit!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank TansyMul
Noreen O, Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear Annl39
I would like to thank you for submitting a review to trip adviser, however i am dissapointed that on this occasion you did not enjoy it, i would have hoped you would have brough this issue to the attention of management or reception upon check out but as i did not recieve a complaint regarding your stay before now i am presuming that you did not mention it on checkout. i am quite shocked that you found our food "only ok and luke warm at best" as we really are always complimented on our food quality and presentation and thankfully have a very good reputation for food. i am very sorry that you felt so dissapointed over your stay here, i do feel that you should have brought this to the attention of the Hotel on checkout where managment could have dealt with the problems directly as apposed to writing a review on a website one month after checkout.
Should you like to contact me directly to speak to me regarding your stay here then please do as i would be delighted to try and rectify any complaints you had.

East Midlands
Reviewed 1 October 2011

If you're relying on public transport then The Heights is not going to be suitable for you as it's at least 1 mile from the town centre if not more.

Reception always seemed understaffed and very busy, but (with 1 exception) they were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Bar staff were suitably cheeky without being at all rude and I would highly recommend the restaurant for excellent meals, however I wouldn't get a glass of wine to accompany dinner at over 5€ a glass. There was one waitress in particular who offered outstanding service.

The room was adequately sized, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the television in the room only received RTE1 and RTE2 and these were both snowy/wavy. The bathroom was sparse, very cold and lacking in amenities. The water pressure was terrible in the shower that rinsing my hair each morning became a chore.

I was impressed by the breakfast choice each morning and the food was plentiful and nicely cooked.

Overall, I would stay here again if I found another good offer but would probably choose a more central hotel otherwise.

TIP: If you forget anything, there's a large Tesco just down the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Dallas2Raleigh
Noreen O, Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Dear Dallas2,
Many thanks for your recent reveiw and i would like to thank you for your feedback. we do appreciate your valuable comments in order for us to improve in what we do.
we are very happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and since reviewing some difficulties regarding the tv channells in your room we are happy to report that this issue has now been resolved. once again we would like to thank you for your feedback and i do hope we will have the pleaure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stay here for in August 2010 midweek and got a very reasonable rate on the double room per night (60 euro a night). The hotel is located a bit out from the town center so need to get a taxi or drive in. Room was a bit old but it was very clean no complaints there. Would stay again no problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cloonacool
Dear Cloonacoo,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback, it is very nice to hear that you were satisfied overall with your stay at the Heights Hotel

We look forward to welcoming you back again i hope.

Kind regards