“Great stay! Highly recommend!”

Castlelodge Guesthouse
Ranked #70 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
“Great stay! Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The Castlelodge Guesthouse provided a wonderful stay. The room, and entire place, was clean, bright and homey. The staff was exceptional -- always warm and offering their help. They booked my tours the evening before, and were always willing to take an extra step to assure a comfortable stay for me. The Castlelodge is ideally located, short minutes from the center of town. The pricing was superb and I would definitely stay there again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank chana160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Since Killarney is a major tourist town it offers all types of accommodations from rural B & Bs to upscale hotels, but I found a real gem in the Castlelodge Guesthouse. I paid 35 euros per night for my two-night stay in late March and that included a full Irish breakfast.
I had requested a quiet room and was given a ground floor room at the end of the corridor overlooking the garden and it was huge by European standards with one queen and one single bed. Breakfast is served at 8 am, but they happily provided an earlier breakfast when I mentioned I'd like to get an early start one morning.

The hotel has a nice lounge off the lobby, a garden with outdoor tables and seating, and a large car park out front. It is located on a main road so it's easy to get to, but the front rooms might get some traffic noise so request a room in back. Next door is a petrol station with a convenience store and an off-license (liquor) store. It's a two-minute walk to the Muckross Park and a five- minute walk to the center of town. I'm glad I chose this location as it avoided having me drive into the narrow town center streets or have to try to find parking.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank comcox
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I had stayed at this hotel twice before with my partner with no problems so didn’t think twice of booking it again with a friend. The stay was fine, it wasn’t till a few days later that the problems began when received a call from the garda.He explained that all the curtains and bedding had been stolen from the room and the management was blaming me so had taken €500 off my credit card to cover the costs. After both myself and my lawyer had spoken to the garda it soon became obvious to him that we were not to blame and were by no means common thieves. We were told that he was going back to the hotel to try to get to the bottom of the problem and look back at the cctv .Our room was directly opposite the restaurant and as good as facing reception were we had returned or keys before leaving which would lead me to believe that it could have been an inside job. Not to mention the fact that they told the garda that they couldn’t find the footage from the cameras. We had to fight to get the money returned to my card it took several phone calls of which on one occasion I was accused again .I don’t think the rooms are safe and I definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone handing over their credit card details. No apology was ever made for this very stressful occurrence.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
17 Thank defrimated

Travellers are raving about these Killarney hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel is a fantastic location if you want to explore Killarney town and the surrounding tourist attractions. The service was good with friendly and helpful staff and the food, except for the scrambled eggs, can be recommended. There is a large lounge from which you can get free wifi or you can use the hotel computer. There is ample free parking and all facilities are close by. I would certainly recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MoeLoveheart
CORK
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Myself and my husband stayed in the castle lodge and we got verbally abused by the night porter who was shouting at us when we arrived back from a concert. He was saying that I should ask my 'visitor' to leave the room as there is no guests allowed. Even though he checked us in a few hours before that. Tried explaning it to him but he was screaming at my husband to leave. Never in our life had we come across anything so bad. The room was very small, the bathroom very dated, but we didnt mind as we were only staying for 1 night. But what happened to us was a disgrace.
Tried complaining the next morning, but was only given a 'sorry' and handed the bill.
Didnt have Bfast as was so upset the next morning, just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. I advise anyone to stay clear of the Castle Lodge.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple