Gleneagle Hotel
US$302
US$293
Hotels.com
US$115
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$110
Dromhall Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$141
1,529 results
All reviewsgreen roomflesk restaurantbackstage barulster buscaptain jackglen eaglekids clubleisure centreentertainment every nightbalcony roompitch and puttshuttle busswimming poolbusy hotelbig hotelfamily roombit dated
Reviewed 9 March 2012

stayed here on 6th and7th of march,in bad need of refit,musty ,lacking of freshness,food poor,expensive,all over shabby,just old.Food looked like it was made up for days,salads not fresh,breakfast all tined fruit no fresh fruit,fry up fairly basic,overall not good,would not stay there again.Looked at other Hotels and overall far better in every way,hotel needs total revamp.

Room Tip: look for newly fitout rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank martin d
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The rooms were awful. They were old and dull and rather disgusting. The bathroom consisted of a toilet and a shower and a sink, nothing at all nice about it. Then there was the rest, the hotel in general was nice, although its a bit of a maze. The breakfast was awful. The dining room was old and cramped, the food was just thrown out, oh and the food was greasy and horrible too. Overall it has the potential to be a nice place, but the old fashioned decor of the hotel in general brings it down. Oh I almost forgot, the heater was broken in our room so we were very cold all night.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Edel K
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

On behalf of the hotel I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the fact that this customer had such negative feedback on your recent stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be so disappointing.

I am aware that we are not to everybody’s satisfaction, we are a 3 star Hotel however we are constantly striving to improve and have already commenced with our long term plans for redecoration and refurbishments in corridors and bedrooms.

I am however surprised at comments about the food. We always get very positive feedback about our food. Clearly is was not to this customers satisfaction on this occasion and it’s a shame they did not highlight their issues to us while they were staying as we would have done our best to ensure they left with a more positive experience.
Should these customers ever have the occasion to visit Killarney in the future and wish to return to our Hotel, I would gladly ensure they have a better stay next time and are thouroughly satisfied.

With Kind Regards
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Went to the Coronas in the INEC. Stayed in the hotel. cole, damp, dark, dreary and dirty is my opinion. the lobby looks lovely but the rooms are a different kettle of fish. dont stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
GlenGuestRelations, Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

In response to this review we would like to say that the Hotel is neither of the above mentioned and it’s a shame these customers had such a negative overall opinion of our Hotel.

I wish to say to anyone reading this, not to believe everything you read….
I think if we were as stated above we would not be such the successful company that we are.

Regards
Management

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I would personally like to thank everyone @ the Gleneagle Hotel (especially Ann @ reception) for extending such a warm & welcoming stay to my parents, who were celebrating their 40th Wedding anniversary @ your Hotel. They are still talking about how great their week away was and due to the high level of customer care and attention to every aspect throughout their stay, I am delighted to say that they will be rebooking again for next year. That to me is a very high recommendation!! Well done to all..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

We are delighted to hear your Parents enjoyed their stay with us for their 40th Anniversary. It is so nice when people take the time to post their positive comments. Thank You so Much from all the team here at the Gleneagle we all appreciate it and Ann is delighted also…..

Should your parents have any special requirements for their next visit please do not hesitate in contacting me prior to their arrival.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here recently. Very busy hotel which is great. Our room was located on d ground floor over looking the car park..was very disappointed when I saw the room we passed other rooms and they looked a lot brighter and more modern. The door handle was falling off our door, bits wer coming off d ceiling in the bathroom overall the room was very dark.we went out one day to return to find our bedroom window wide open anyone cud just reach in to our room from outside..breakfast was ok toast was cold didn't serve pudding not much of a choice. It was the room that was our main disappoint of our stay

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank PinkLady8727

On behalf of the hotel I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the fact that these customers had such negative feedback on their recent stay with us and that they found the Hotel to be so disappointing.

I am sorry they did not mention to us while they were here their dislike of the room, had they informed us we would have done our best to try and make they’re stay more enjoyable and comfortable and offered to move to another room.

We are in the process of upgrading some of our rooms and we could have shown an alternative room to these customers.

I am surprised that these customers felt we do not have much to choose from for breakfast, we actually have a very wide selection with both a Hot & Cold Buffet which we actually get great compliments on and cater also for special dietary requirements and special requests.

I would suggest that if these customers would like to give the Gleneagle a 2nd chance to contact me directly and I will gladly ensure they get a nicer room next time and they leave with a more positive outlook on the Hotel.

Kind Regards