All reviewsthe pubmurphy's bargreat locationgreat traditional musictrad musicmiddle of townstay there againguest housetwo nightsthoroughly enjoyed our stayfull irishstayed one nightbreakfast was includednice roombed and breakfasteach morningireland
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed here 2 nights last week. At first I was a bit dissapointed because the photos made it look a bit more quaint. From the outside it was, but the rooms on the inside are pretty plain. The walls are a bit thin so we heard our neighbors come in late one night and I thought they were coming into our room! The staff were very friendly and the food was good. We also thought they had live entertainment every night, but it was only on Fridays and Saturdays. We did get to see/hear it one night and it was fun, but after the selection of music we heard in Dublin previously, it was a bit of a letdown. Overall, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MNlove2travel
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. Are there any suggestions you would like to give us on how to improve?

Unfortunately you stayed with us off season which means we did only have music Friday and Saturday nights.

We in Murphy's hope you will return to us so we can extend our hospitality to you.

Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Went there twice, had both of their stews (Traditional Irish Stew with lamb and Beef & Guinness Casserole), Cottage Pie with beef, Murphy's Prime Irish Beef Burger, Warm Homemade Apple Pie & Ice Cream. Really liked their stews. Service was nice and quick. Loved their brown bread that they serve with main courses. Probably my favorite part of the menu. It was fresh, had a wonderful texture and just melted in your mouth - soooo good! Hence 5 stars. Would go there again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank vg2555

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We strive to create a friendly and happy environment for our customers as well as serving delicious food.

Would you consider trying to make our homemade brown bread yourself? Why not contact us via email or find us on Facebook or Twitter and we will gladly send you the recipe.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Murphy's is better than your typical "over the pub accomodation". The staff are friendly, its newly renovated, with fresh clean paint, tiles, and carpet. It was exactly what we were looking for. Somewhere close to all the pubs and shops, simple and clean. And clean it was. VERY clean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The rates are by the room, and not the person. The wifi isn't th ebest, and the TV only gets two stations, but if you are coming to Killarney to surf the net and watch TV....you won't be staying here anyway. Get out and go to the pubs and see the sights...sit in the pub to get a good internet connection, if you must.

The food in the pub below is great, the service there is excellent, and they have live traditional music. The breakfast is included, which is a plus---that can cost you another 25 euro --so, for 59 euro--this was a GREAT deal! We really really enjoyed our stay and will be back on our next trip!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in, ask for a room off the street. The windows aren't double glazed, and the mornings get lively on this busy town street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive feedback. I am delighted to hear you found our accommodation to be better than the typical over the pub accommodation. Our accommodation staff were delighted to hear your wonderful remark about our rooms.

I am delighted to read your positive comments on your dining experience here with us also.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I booked this hotel for two nights on 11th January for the weekend. the hotel was in an excellent location. check in was quick and the receptionist was very nice. the room was spotlessly clear. the whole hotel was fresh and clean. the bar had a lovely atmosphere and the food was amazing served by fabulous staff. unfortunately i had to check out on teh second day as i became unwell but we will definately be back. great hotel and the staff are a credit to the hotel. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: stayed in room 212 which was very clean and close to reception
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveller2010Ireland

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your kind words and positive feedback.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We in Murphy's strive to create a welcoming and happy atmosphere for all who visit. I have passed your kind words onto my staff who are delighted to hear what you had to say.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife picked Murphy's because that is my last name. It couldn't have worked out better. The accomodations are clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful and the "Pub Grub" in Murphy's bar is terriffic..best Irish Stew I had in Ireland..lots of Lamb in it. Good breakfast to your order too.
Ask about Ring of Kerry tours when you check in and you may meet "John" who will book your tour on the spot and be your driver for an entertaining day trip.
Local musicians entertain in the bar with traditional Irish songs and, if you know an Irish song yourself, will welcome you to sing with them. I checked that one off my bucket list there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Good Evening

Greeting from Killarney

Thank you for taking the time to post this very positive review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and it was comfortable. I was also trilled you had the pleasure of experiencing some of our traditional “pub grub” and nightly music session.
Thank you for mentioning John (who certainly is entertaining) and The Ring of Kerry Tour which we highly recommend.

Kind regards